“Love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eldorado Resort Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was the second time we've stayed at Eldorado and it was another great experience. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom rocks! As other reviews have stated, the bed is fantastic. Another huge plus for us is that it's Pet Friendly. And yet you can't tell that we stayed in a pet friendly room - NO ODER! Very friendly staff - from the bell hop, front desk, table games, to housekeeping. We wish they offered more variety in way of food options, but.....otherwise, we love the place. We don't hesitate to recommend the Eldorado, and look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Pet Friendly on one floor that is odor free!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had a recent business trip to Shreveport and since I previously had a wonderful experience at the Eldorado Casino Hotel in Reno, I stayed over the weekend at this "sister" hotel. Good decision. Family owned, it features its own in-house bakery, the 24/7 Sportsman's Paradise Cafe, sumptuous buffet and Vintage, a fine dining steakhouse (definitely worth a visit). The newly remodeled rooms are huge and feature flat screen TVs, large desk, sitting area and big bathrooms; plenty of electrical outlets for charging my laptop, iPad, phone, etc. Great location overlooking the Red River and three floors of casino action. I played in their daily hold 'em tournament and the poker room is comfortable and very well run. Friendly, helpful staff throughout the hotel. Hint: leave time for a massage at their spa.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Red River.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
borger, texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

we spent 4 days and 3 nights at Eldorado in Shreveport. lovely city. the casino and room were clean, and the people friendly. DO NOT EAT AT THE BUFFET! my boyfriend ate and was immediately sick and spent one night entirely being sick in the room. I asked if the beef was prime rib and was told yes. it was poorly cooked brisket. they didn't know the difference. they said later 'beef'....we are poker players. I called and talked to the poker room manager, he said there were always games (multiple tables) going and they always had Omaha plo every nite. on that assumption I made the reservations. the poker room was a disappointment also. NO OMAHA AT ALL, and there was one table of locals mostly that ran only in the afternoon and evening. one nite there were 2 tables. hardly an active poker room....the slots were pretty tight....we spent over 6K gaming there in 3 days, and were comped for one nite of our stay and 2 meals, one of which made us sick.....so, I don't think we will go back to Shreveport....I have had better comps in the indian casinos in Oklahoma. I would try a different resort if I were you....

Room Tip: the standard rooms are fine...but don't eat there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have always wanted to stay here, but it always seemed to be full whenever I tried to go. Now I understand why: the room was huge, seemingly newly remodeled, and very comfortable. In fact, I meant to find out what brand the mattress was, as it was one of the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel!
As I usually avoid valet parking, I used the temporary hotel parking near the valet entrance to unload my bags and checkin, but I learned afterward that there is a secondary registration area on the second level (coming from the parking garage) that is open for limited weekend hours, which would have been very convenient had I known.
While this wasn't a winning visit for me in the casino, it was a great overnight trip, and I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
East Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We always have a clean, comfortable room. The beds seems to be more comfortable than some of the others. Stay there when it is complementary and have enjoyed the steam room and Spa as well. The Buffet...has been scaled down and remodeled... it is nice, but I miss some of the deserts they use to have.

Room Tip: We like the River view fairly high up is less busy it seems.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JHAbbott
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in a regular room and it was very nice. Enough room to not feel crowded like some hotels. Bathroom was large and very nice. But when we came back as a couple, we got a suite for the night and it was Fabulous... It had 3 toilets... The bathroom was amazing. So much space. Next time we are definitely staying more than one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Burleson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Night 4 of a 5 day road trip with family. We reserved two rooms. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The bathrooms were oversized and roomy. The linens and pillows showed some wear - okay, a lot of wear, stains and small tears - but were clean and plentiful. This is a family-owned establishment and it shows. The staff was friendly, and helpful. There was a lengthy delay obtaining a luggage cart and bellhop assistance. Free valet parking was available, even for our oversized vehicle (self-parked in the secured valet parking lot).
Some of the restaurants weren't open and we found that breakfast was only available, on-site, at the Sportsman's Restaurant. We'd had an unsatisfactory dinner at the Sportsman's the previous night and were not looking forward to breakfast at the Sportsman's, however breakfast proved a pleasant surprise! A much better value for the money. Service was slow for both meals, but friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Boomtown Hotel Casino
Boomtown Hotel Casino
#15 of 35 in Bossier City
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!