“Wish I could have stayed longer!”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have always wanted to stay here, but it always seemed to be full whenever I tried to go. Now I understand why: the room was huge, seemingly newly remodeled, and very comfortable. In fact, I meant to find out what brand the mattress was, as it was one of the best night's sleep I've had in a hotel!
As I usually avoid valet parking, I used the temporary hotel parking near the valet entrance to unload my bags and checkin, but I learned afterward that there is a secondary registration area on the second level (coming from the parking garage) that is open for limited weekend hours, which would have been very convenient had I known.
While this wasn't a winning visit for me in the casino, it was a great overnight trip, and I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Sportsman's Paradise Café in the Eldorado Casino in Shreveport, La. Late night ordered the Shrimp Fried Rice. While sitting down to eat discovered a bug cooked in my food. Was horrified and disgusted. Notified management. Was given an Incident Report and was told this is not the first time it has happened. A week later when Guest Relations contacted me I did not get a sincere apology and her investigation of the incident told her it was a fly in my food and that I had been compensated the meal. I sent a text to Guest Relations with a picture of the actual bug and informed her that her investigation was incorrect, it was not a fly, my money was returned, there was no compensation and told her all I wanted was the truth be told, a sincere apology and for them to be more conscious and observant of the food that is prepared there. She received the picture of the bug and was as disgusted as I was and I received the apology I was seeking. Overall I enjoy The Eldorado Hotel but I would think twice about eating at the Sportsman's Paradise Café.

2  Thank gia8
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The vintage restuarant! Orded 10oz filet, tasted like a sirloin at best! The server was cocky and rude about it! The manager didnt care! And we started with a bottle of 150.00 wine and appetizers! The hotel manager sluffed me off! the call from corpoate after my husband did survey, really didnt care. The slots seemed very tight, very!! The hotel had ants! The comforter had huge clumps of stuffing the size of a small melon!!! We did love Cornell, our bellman! And employees in casino were real nice! We expect to lose in the casino!!! NOT IN AN EXPENSIVE STEAKHOUSE. The overall feeling I got is "are they going under?" We went to Sams Town after dinner!! Had way more fun!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We always have a clean, comfortable room. The beds seems to be more comfortable than some of the others. Stay there when it is complementary and have enjoyed the steam room and Spa as well. The Buffet...has been scaled down and remodeled... it is nice, but I miss some of the deserts they use to have.

Room Tip: We like the River view fairly high up is less busy it seems.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHAbbott
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in a regular room and it was very nice. Enough room to not feel crowded like some hotels. Bathroom was large and very nice. But when we came back as a couple, we got a suite for the night and it was Fabulous... It had 3 toilets... The bathroom was amazing. So much space. Next time we are definitely staying more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Night 4 of a 5 day road trip with family. We reserved two rooms. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The bathrooms were oversized and roomy. The linens and pillows showed some wear - okay, a lot of wear, stains and small tears - but were clean and plentiful. This is a family-owned establishment and it shows. The staff was friendly, and helpful. There was a lengthy delay obtaining a luggage cart and bellhop assistance. Free valet parking was available, even for our oversized vehicle (self-parked in the secured valet parking lot).
Some of the restaurants weren't open and we found that breakfast was only available, on-site, at the Sportsman's Restaurant. We'd had an unsatisfactory dinner at the Sportsman's the previous night and were not looking forward to breakfast at the Sportsman's, however breakfast proved a pleasant surprise! A much better value for the money. Service was slow for both meals, but friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the bathroom. A friend and I were there for a girl's weekend. We stayed two days. One day was comped and we were supposed to pay for one night. Upon checkout, we found our bill had been comped 100%. This hotel accepts pets (only on certain floors) and there was a loud barking dog next to us on a floor that it was not supposed to be on. We had to call and complain. Management immediately took care of the situation. The dog was quiet for the rest of our stay. The Sportsman's restaurant had really good food. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely go back even if our room had not been comped. All hotel staff that we encountered was great. Casino slots were tight, but drinks rocked in the casino. It was a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
8 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!