“NEVER AGAIN!!!”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed three days at the hotel and casino and had a good time while there...upon returning home, I notice my card was charged twice for the same room. I call to get the charge refunded and am told I am responsible for it because I never checked out, which I CLEARLY did being that I live over 300 miles away. Needless to say, I will NEVER be visiting the eldordo casino and hotel EVER again!

• Stayed: April 2013
7  Thank mrjrenee11

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent four days at the Hotel and Casino. Rooms were great especially the bathroom. Comfortable beds and all rooms recently renovated. Food in the Sportsbar and Steak restaurant were excellent. The staff were also friendly and helpful. The only complaint is to avoid the buffet it is poor compared to the one at Horseshoe.
Casino staff friendly and decks hand shuffled for Blackjack. An abundance of slots.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed here before and had a good experience, but our last trip was extremely disappointing. We recently are back in the States visiting for a few months and my wife's parents used "comps" to treat us for our 2nd wedding anniversary. We were very excited. We first arrived for our massages at the spa and had been told they were at 3:30pm, but they had us booked for 2:45. They couldn't reschedule, so we only got about 25 minutes of our 1 hour massages. This was a big bummer. We had 2 suites booked, and when we walked off the elevator we were gagged by smoke fumes, and even the room reeked of smoke even though we requested non-smoking rooms. My wife's parents were going to watch our 4 month old baby and my wife is also allergic to the smoke. They lady that checked us in said the room was a non-smoking room on a smoking floor (which made no sense), but she basically lied to us because the room had ash trays in it. Then we got moved to another floor, but only one suite was available so we had to stay in a basic room. At least they smelled better. We ended up staying in the suite while my wife's parents stayed in the basic room. In the suite the shower head was not properly installed, so water was shooting all over the place and simple twisting couldn't fix it. It required some fancy screw driver or allen tool. Also the sheets and blankets on the bed had tears and holes in it....very classy.

The only really enjoyable part of our anniversary was our dinner at the Vintage. Our waiter Dean did a great job, and everything we ate was extremely delicious.

I really hope they can improve their customer service and cleanliness standards. I'm shocked at how disappointing our stay was and how they continued to mess up our anniversary celebration.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigbobadams
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy this Hotel Casino, the rooms are wonderful, the beds are great for sleeping the casino if you play right can give you some money back, besides all this, they have one of the best Steak houses in North Louisiana, you just cant get better

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the Red River, just a wonderful view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wasn't real crowded Saturday later in afternoon. Easy time getting onto Craps. WARNING: Being an avid crap/Vegas guy, didn't bother to even look at 1st table & got caught on the 'weird' tables that have 2,3,11,12 also as 'point' so quickly left that after a roll or once crap roll happened & got to traditional table no problem. 20 mins later, out a winner ;)

3  Thank Vinny_Vegaz
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Eldorado and had a really fun time. Our room overlooked the river, was clean and spacious. Enjoyed the casino as that was our reason for the visit. Had the Buffet the first night and it was bad. Would not recommend going to that for dinner. Was really unsatisfied and the staff was not friendly at all. They seemed to be having a problem with help or lack of it as the lines were long and the tables were not being cleared for others. Just go to play not to eat. We didnt try the spa as time just doesn't allow all the things we like to do. We would go back as this was a nice place.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My mom and I stayed a night at the El Dorado. The room was beautiful and the beds were so very comfortable! The bathroom was amazing! Unfortunately, it looked as though the room wasn't cleaned all that well. There were long hairs all over the bathroom floor and in the bathtub. (thankfully I checked before getting in). There were also hairs inbetween the sheets in my moms bed. It took a pretty amazing room and made it feel kind of nasty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
#7 of 38 in Shreveport
Boomtown Hotel Casino
Boomtown Hotel Casino
#15 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!