New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Wonder stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with a large group. Was concerned at first because the price was so low. Boy was I wrong! Hotel was super clean, beds were awesome, and breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place was perfect from the second I checked in.

I arrived in town earlier than expected, but I was allowed to check in anyway. The manager checked me in and was so kind. He asked if I was in town for a women's conference and was very helpful and chatty. I enjoy that!! When I mentioned that my mother would be arriving within the hour, he checked his reservations and put us right next to each other.

This hotel is so very clean! When I walked into my room, I was so happy!! It was clean, smelled fresh, and was nice and cool. The manager called within 10 minutes to make sure that I liked the room. I told him it was perfect.

The AC worked amazingly well. I was nice and chilly all weekend...just how I like it. (I set it that way purposely).

The bed was comfy and I slept well for the 2 days I was there.

Every single person that I ran into at this hotel was friendly. The manager that I already mentioned was a great way to start your visit. The older that was at the front desk always had a smile. The housekeeper that was on the 4th floor with me was cheerful and always greeted me in the hallway. I even stopped to talk to her, ask how she was, and thank her for making this hotel such a great place. She was sweet and humble.

The swimming pool is very nice as well! I took a little dip on Saturday afternoon. It was nice and clean and cool!

The breakfast is plentiful!! There is a bit of everything: boiled eggs, yogurts, pastries, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles....all at once!!

If that isn't enough, this hotel is in a fantastic location! Right around it are Walmart, Cracker Barrel, a mexican restaurant, Ihop, and several fast food places.

You cannot go wrong with this place. This will absolutely be my go to place in Shreveport from now on!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived about 8pm and were greeted in a kind way by a wonderful night desk woman. She was helpful and kind, and was also helpful when I phoned her a half an hour way by phone. So nice to have it start off so well! We took our kids swimming, and while we loved swimming the pool was really TOO warm. The pool room was like a sauna, and the next morning people had propped the door open with a plastic table from the pool area. I think the company could save on electricity bills easily by turning down the pool as I think you have some appliances working against each other (it's so hot in there the door was propped open, but the AC is running appropriately throughout the hotel so it adds a strain to the unit. Hey, it matters to me in my home!)
The hot tub was a bit old, and didn't have bone-crushing jet force, but it was fine. there was quite a lot of cement cracking around the hot tub and they should at a minimum have that swept up. It had quite a lot of loose cement around the hot tub,
The next morning the mad at the front desk was awesome. A big bright smile and very helpful. It was nice to have a terrific hot breakfast for our family as we were making our long trek back home. The food was really good, but the waffles were sticking on everyone. And I mean everyone! The woman who was servicing the area really would rather not be working there, and this was evidenced by her really unhappy disposition and in congruent attitude. She was the only employee in the whole place who seemed, well, out of place. It was a stark difference. She didn't look at anyone, didn't smile, and when I mentioned extremely delicately that perhaps the waffle batter needed a bit more oil she said not a word. My son had awakened a bit late, and had gone down without his shoes on. I do understand health codes, but she sent him back to his room to get his shoes when I was refilling coffee; he didn't return to the dining area because of embarrassment. Overall, this is a great, great hotel and it was a pleasure being greeted by your super nice front desk folks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

we just got home and had to leave a review .. we arrived lated and were greted with 2 bottles of water and got to choose some baked cookies :) we went up to our room and I was shocked so modern and CLEAN I didn't expect much because the pirce was soo low .. the bathroom was nice and clean the shower was huge ... loved the color of the room and the bed was so comfy ..

in the am we went down for a full breakfast
juice options
muffins
toast
yogurts
cereal

so much more than I expected
toast

Room Tip: any room is good and a bonus for us its a newer place and completely smoke free inside
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel was quite surprising for the price. The decor was very modern and the furniture was comfortable. I was very impressed with the staff. Most of the time the staff at economy hotels can be distant and more interested in hiding from the guest than assisting. However, management at this establishment has the staff excited to be apart of a great team. I look forward to stopping here on my next drive through Shreveport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great place to stop on the border before entering Texas. Beautiful inside and out with newly remodeled rooms. Large shower, large room, large fridge. Staff was very cheerful and helpful. Inside pool and hot tub were a real plus, and pool was larger than most. Very nice breakfast with many choices.

Room Tip: Some rooms have showers only which was not a problem for us, but you should ask about that. The hote...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sachse, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good place to stay, reasonable for the money. Pool is good. Front desk employees are nice and personable. Rooms are neat and clean. Breakfast is hot. The location is easy to fins- close to the highway. If you are alight sleeper ask for a room not facing he highway traffic. A/C works great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business