“Smoky non-smoking floor, no maid service, lame excuses.”

Comfort Inn Shreveport
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Smoky non-smoking floor, no maid service, lame excuses.”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

What a disappointment. Needed a place to stay while visiting a family friend and this place was closest to her nursing home. Have stayed at Comfort Inns before with no problems, but this one was a disappointment. First problem was that the entire non-smoking 3rd floor smells of cigarette smoke. Not like someone was smoking in the room recently, but the smell of smoke is always lingering. Found out that the 2nd floor is all smoking rooms. Who was the genius that decided that arrangement? Smoke rises, duh.

The next problem was that I never received maid service. Stayed three nights and the room was prepped at check-in, but that was it. One the second night when I returned to my room it had not been made up, but i was exhausted and just wanted sleep, figuring they'd get it the next day. Wrong. One my third night it still was not made up. Went to the front desk to get fresh towels and complain. Night clerk promised compensation. When checking out the day manager refused any kind of compensation, claiming the do not disturb sign was on my door the entire time! Ridiculous -- maybe it was on at 8:00 AM, but by 9:00 I was out of the room and no sign was left on the door. Apparently if the maid sees the sign at all, no cleaning for you. Next!

Will never, EVER stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, try to stay off the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Barbara S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Spicewood, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I am a business traveler and I rely on high speed internet communications (on a VPN) in the evening after I have made my rounds during the day.

I hope I can complete this review before I get kicked off again. Last night, I was unable to connect and lost several hours of productivity. Today, I thought the service was working better, but after connecting to my VPN, I was kicked off after only 10 minutes.

I contacted the front desk; there answer is always the same: "We're working on it."

For $109 per night I expect more.

The room's nice though, but there are no resaurants nearby except for fast food joints.

The hot breakfast was average. There was no hot sauce available for the eggs, and this is Louisiana (a huge cultural shortcoming with all the great sauces originating here).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Arizona
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The best tripadvsor rating for motels in Shreveport was a 2 and a half. I settled on the Comfort Inn and Suites and it was not much. The room was not very clean ( sticky glass rings on the sink/bar area, trash can not emptied.) The morning desk fellow managed to provide me with the receipt I requested without ever making eye contact or saying a word. Unbelieveable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Haile, LA
Reviewed May 8, 2010

You better be sure you don't leave anything in the room. We left our dirty laundry bag which had my daughter's uniform in it. I realized it as soon as we got home and called the hotel immediately. I was told to call at 8:00 the next morning (Monday) and speak to the housekeeping supervisor. I called at 8:10, but she was not in... called back at 9:15 and got her. She said she would go check and call me back in 15 minutes. She never called me back. I called her back about an hour later and she had left! The girl I talked to that time said she would check on it and I should call back. I called back for the 5th time and she said she had checked the room and spoken to the housekeeping staff that cleaned the room and that they had not found anything. It's not like they would not notice a whole back of clothes among the white towels and sheets! I asked the lady if they would please call me if they found it and she said yes. I later called again to be sure they still had my name and number so they could call if they found it. That was 2 weeks ago, and today we are back in Shreveport... my friend asked about it at the front desk when they checked in and the front desk clerk walked in the back and looked... there it was! She gave them all the clothes! All they had to do was call and tell me and it would have saved me much worry and MONEY! I will not give them any more of my money! There are too many other hotels right in that area with a HELPFUL staff .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Second try at this hotel. It is ok, but you do not get much for the amount you have to pay. The cost is too high. The bed was not good. The breakfast is only OK. There are much better places to stay that don't cost as much. Location is good and it is clean.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louisianagirl60
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn for a short business trip. This was the closest hotel to my meetings and the location was great, super easy to find from the interstate. My room had a min fridge and microwave which was nice but not something I used. The bed was not the most comfortable by far and the pillows were crappy. The bigger problem for me was the noise from the floor above. Bottom line - it was fine for one night but that's about it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This facility looks good from the outside, but once we got inside we had a completely different experience. We were traveling with my elderly parents who were very tired from our trip from Baton Rouge. When we arrived, we discovered that the hotel had lost their reservation, even though they had a confirmation number. The only room available was a smoking room which my parents reluctantly agreed to take. The room constantly reeked of smoke.

My immediate family's room was located by the elevator on the second floor. Why are hotels designed like that? It was so busy and noisy in that area that we insisted on changing rooms. I believe my father's deep warning voice was the only thing that convinced the clerk to switch rooms for us. Our final room was OK but was small and had a noisy air conditioner.

Breakfast was so-so, the pool was nice but small, and the noise from the interstate was a bit loud. One interesting thing I overheard was another family coming to check in, only to be told that their reservation was lost, too...But the worst thing about the place to us was that the wireless Internet connection was not secured with a password. My husband had brought his laptop for personal use, and while he was online in his hotel room, someone hacked in to his laptop and stole all his personal information, even the contents of some documents that were important only to my husband. When we called the front desk, their only response was that they were sorry.

We called the police who came at nine p.m. and took our report. The officer said it was quite likely that some people had sat in their vehicle looking for an open computer. They jumped at the opportunity when they saw that my husband's computer was easy to access. The officer indicated that this crime had happened before in this area. And yes, my husband did have plenty of applications like ZoneAlarm and Norton on his laptop, but the crooks were too smart.

So basically my husband's identity was taken at this hotel. He has tried to contact the manager, named "Babu," several times, but has gotten no response. It has taken monumental effort to deal with this. Yes, my husband read that the hotel had an open wireless network while he was connecting, but if he had known that there was real potential for danger, he would have never turned on his laptop.

Needless to say, we will never return to this hotel, which lacked responsibility, efficiency and organization.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family