“Nice Clean Hotel With Friendly Staff”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice Clean Hotel With Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I picked this hotel based on other reviews. I'm glad I did! We were actually upgraded to a larger suite which was great, especially with 3 children. The rooms were large and very clean. We took advantage of the dinner/reception which was actually quite good. The kids enjoyed the pool area and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The only issue we had was that the breakfast next morning was not so great. Several things did not seem very fresh, even some of the condiments (creamer, etc..) were old. However, this would not stop me from staying again. With all the positive, I would give their breakfast a second chance.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
The staff of the Homewood Suites in Shreveport is pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We are all happy that you were satisfied with the upgrade to the larger room for your family and hope that it made the trip a little more enjoyable.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Tom Lubbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room (a studio King) was huge and comfortable. They are pet friendly and both of our pets seemed to like it too. The room was very clean, with a nice flat screen, dvd player, kitchen. The bed was super comfy as was the bedding. The breakfast was awesome - a hot mini buffett. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed to spend an evening in Shreveport and the hotel was a like 7 miles or so from the boardwalk and casinos but by no means difficult to drive to.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
On behalf of the entire staff of the Homewood Suites in Shreveport, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we looking forward to hosting you again on a future trip to our city.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

Friendly, professional staff; beautiful room with all amenities; heated pool and jacuzzi for the grandkids; evening meal and breakfast included. What a great value!

• Stayed March 2011
The Homewood Suites staff is happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to Shreveport and we look forward to hosting you again on a future trip. Please feel free to contact directly next time you need to stay.

Connecticut
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting a supplier in Arkansas along with a colleague. It looks beautiful on the outside, it's centrally located, and the lobby is quite homey. The front desk staff was professional and accommodating yet I was expecting them to be a little more hospitable and friendly given it's a Southern town.

Somehow I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite on the first floor yet I was staying alone. Unfortunately, it was located right near an exit, and I heard every single person walk in/out of the building. The insulation is horrible. I tolerated this for 2 nights and eventually moved to another room for the next night. In either case, I walked into the suite, and it was bright, decorated well, and huge. I walked into one bedroom and then the bathroom. It appeared clean, but it had hairs on the floor, the pillow had a spot of deep red blood, and there was a faint stain on the sheets. I put a note stating for the sheets to be immediately changed. I talked with a friend who used to work for a hotel cleaning rooms, and she mentioned that the staff looks at sheets and if they seem clean, they do not change them for the next guests. At $120 per night, I would think they would provide the bed linen change as a simple courtesy, but they didn't change them clearly. It was unfortunate because I wanted to sleep in this 2nd bedroom since it was farther from the exit door, and maybe I could get a good night's sleep without hearing the door slam all night and morning.

Anyway, due to the not so clean bathroom and dirty sheets, I slept in the master bedroom. You could see hand prints on the headboard and scuffs on the walls, but I just looked over it since I had a 2 hour drive to the supplier.

When I moved to the second room, it was dirtier. I have attached a couple photos of the second room for reference. There was old nail polish on the floor and part of the toilet was smashed. I know it may seem small, but it was just enough. Scuffs, dingy floors, etc. were just so annoying. On top of that, they have a basketball court near the rooms...how crazy is that? Luckily, it was quiet, and I just know I will never stay here again. Try somewhere else because this place is going downhill fast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know that we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay to Shreveport. The entire staff takes all of our comments seriously and welcome all constructive criticism and we review the comments daily with our staff as it helps us to get better and improve for any of our future guests. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards and for that the entire staff sincerely apologizes. The hotel staff would appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again so we can show you the level of service and accommodations you deserve.

West Monroe, LA
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel recently and we were amazed at how clean the rooms were. The beds were extremely comfortable with several pillows. Plenty of towels in the bathroom and the decor was really modern. There were flat screen TVs in both bedrooms and the living room. The kitchen was really clean. It included a microwave, sink, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot, cooking range and refrigerator.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Homewood Suites during your recent trip to Shreveport. The entire staff appreciates your positive comments about our hotel and we look forward to hosting you on a future trip to our city.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a great hotel. We receive great service, clean rooms and quiet halls.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
The entire sfaff of the Homewood Suites in Shreveport is pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were kind to write a review about our hotel. We hope that you will be able to visit us again in the future.

Laurel, Mississippi
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stay with two teenage girls we had seperate rooms beside each other, it was great they loved there room and comfortable beds. The kitchen was wonderful and they loved the breakfast they actually wanted to stay another night!!!! Would recommend this wonderful home away from home to anyone. I stoped staying at a four star hotel in Bossier to travel 12 miles to Shreveport to stay here because of the quiteness and comfortable hotel. Thank you for wonderful stays and will recommend and come again. We traveled five hours to stay here for a weekend vacation. I had stayed a total of three times myself before i brought my family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
On behalf of the entire staff and management, thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.