“Friendly assistance”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Netherlands
“Friendly assistance”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The location couldn’t be better when traveling along the I-20. This hotel is just close by the exit (and very good isolated, we didn’t hear any traffic noise in our room).

Check-in staff was friendly, didn’t recognize at all the former comments about rude employees. Just opposite, I had a technical question about my car and they did everything to be of assistance. They called at once their own handyman and when he couldn’t help me they offered to call the dealer and so on.

Due to my Diamond HHonors status my husband and me got an upgrade to a junior suite. A specious room with at the entrance a sitting area with sofa and easy chairs and a working desk with chair, at the back a sleeping area with a good quality King bed and in between a bathroom. There were also two LCD TV-sets and a unit with coffeemaker, microwave and fridge. Everything was clean and in good condition.

The pool is inside and there is also a whirlpool. Outside is a pleasant patio with parasols, chairs and tables. There is a business center with computers and printers for free Internet access.

Breakfast (to be paid extra or free for Gold/Diamond HHonors) was very nice with a good variety in items and a cook to order eggs. Staff here was also very forthcoming.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BA-traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The staff was really nice to us. It was our anniversary and they gave us some time alone in the pool after it closed, to celebrate. It was was a very sweet thing to do for us, and made our anniversary even more special. The room was nice, and clean. The bed was comfortable, after we got in it. Felt a little hard at first. The breakfast was very good. It's not a free breakfast, but it came with our deal. Restaurant staff was very friendly as well. The only complaint, if you can even call it that, was that our reservation was for smoking and they didn't have any smoking rooms available. I don't smoke, but my husband does. Didn't matter that much

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Hubby & I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport while attending a festival. Hotels near the festival site were booked and the Hilton Garden Inn had a great rate. They are only 10-15 minutes from the casinos, Boardwalk, restaurants. There is quite a bit of construction in the hotel as they are renovating but that didn't hamper our stay one bit! The rooms are spacious, clean, and have awesome air conditioning; I like to sleep COLD! The beds, oh the beds! Best mattress I have EVER slept on in a hotel with great bedding. Another plus were the bath towels, you know how most hotels have bath towels that actually take a layer of skin off when you use them because they are poor quality and so rough? Not here! I was impressed at how soft the towels were, crazy I know, but that's me! The hotel staff went out of their way to be accomodating, apologizing for the construction mess, and were very friendly and professional. Check in and out was quick and easy.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when in Shreveport. Great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I never write reviews. Our experience with this hotel was so severely bad that I thought I must write something. I am a seasoned business traveler, but this one was a first. We arrived at 3PM yesterday to the Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport LA, and our room wasn't ready. The receptionist tried using her walkie talkie but the maint person and housekeeping would not answer her. She was obviusly frustrated with them and said they never answer her. The hotel was under construction so there was no lobby. I can understand that but it was a mess. We finally got to our room. We were wanting to relax and wanted to watch Avatar. Our suite had remote controls but not the kind that have the yellow menu button. I called the front desk and she said she would look for a remote and call me back. After an hour I called her back and she siad she was still looking. I asked her if the hotel was full and she said yes. I asked where did she plan on looking for a remote. She said in her area. I knew then she was just lying. The room layout was actually nice. The room had two flatscreen TV's but the picture was horrible and there was a lot of buzzing interference that happened every few seconds that was really lous through the speakers. We didnt even bother calling the front desk. We looked forward to getting in bed. We got in bed and realized there was a gigantic beach ball sized flat spot on the mattress. All night we would slide toward the hole. I finally hooked my leg over the side of the bed to keep from sliding. I have a bad back so I woke up pretty sore this morning. Lastly, my wife just took a shower and when she pulled the knob for the shower, the entire plumbing housing came out of the wall. I really thought that the Hilton brand meant that our experience would be really nice. We took photos of these things and probably will post them later.
Pat and Kim
Sugar Land Texas

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2010

The customer service at this hotel is atrocious! The staff was rude and upon issuing complaints or concerns were completely unappologetic. The "housekeeping" was practically non-existent. Our beds were made and dirty towels removed, but no clean towels were left as replacements, trash not emptied, etc. They did however take all our toiletries out of the bathroom...but again left no replacement. When a wakeup call was requested the front desk staff acted like this was an inconvenience and it must've been because we didn't get the call the next morning. Issues with the pool being closed and staff being rude yet again about that. Good luck getting towels because they only have two at the front desk and we were told by the front desk attendant that she didn't know where housekeeping was. All in all this was a bad stay and I will never return to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
La.
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Made reservations on a Friday night for Saturday the next day. When closing reservation conversation the worker replied "see you tonight' and hung up immediately called right back and I told her not tonight it is for Saturday night . The so called worker said "o that is what I meant I have u down for tomorow.' My family and I arrived at 3 o"clock which is check in time ,went to front desk there was a very mad lady already there complaining.The worker had 8 other customers behind her. The worker was very rude to the lady . I thought we all have our bad days and gave her the benefit of the doubt. She was by herself , so myself and others gave her a break and waited. About 40 minutes later she told me that the reservation was for Friday night not Saturday and that they had no rooms . I told her the conversation that we had on the phone during reservation . Needless to say I am very good with names and I knew she was the one that had made the reservaton. She stated that there wasnt any rooms available and that the manager wasnt in. Explained to the worker that this was their mistake not mine and it wasnt right . That because they have incompetent employees that we have to be inconvenienced. And that she didnt say I am sorry , kiss my rear or no sort of accomodations such as direct us to another hotel or call another nearby Hilton to see if they had rooms . She made no effort to fix the mistake or even cared that we had no where to stay . The cheer nationals were in shreveport and everything was booked. She said she was by herself and I could have a seat , I stated I have already waited ling enough. She rudely said that she would have to call the police if I didint calm down . Then I told her "GO FOR IT'. " She was the only one out of line." I have never in my 35 years of travel been treated so badly . and trust me my father was an engineer and we traveled almost everywhere. This hotel has alot of issues and disrespectful employees. i suggest fire the whole staff starting with Joe Wilson and Dee{ for short} . Rehire people who want to work and treat the people who pay their salary like humans instead of thugs off the streets. I believe this could be a really nice NEW hotel if it only had the right management. If you dont want to be treated like a criminal off the streets I suggest you find another hotel to make reservations with . THIS HOTEL IS RIDICULOUS!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
BMTAg
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We made a reservation for three rooms with two double beds in each room via hitlon.com. When we arrived at the hotel, they informed us that we had king size beds in each room. It was a bowl game weekend so there the hotel was booked solid. Their only resolution to the problem was for us to seek another hotel of which they were booked solid thoughout Shreveport or a free breakfast for all of the guests. This was unacceptable to me, however, I didn't have another choice. The check in process was horrible because they had a new guy checking in all of the incoming guests at 3:00 PM that were coming in for the game. The hotel was completely full for the night so you would think management would make arrangements for incoming guests to not have to wait so long to be able to get to their hotel room. An additional front desk staff member or perhaps a manager on location would have been nice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends