“Great People”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Oklahoma
“Great People”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The staff was outstanding - very pleasant, helpful, and funny! Everyone I met had a smile on their face. Gym was in good shape. I had two maintenance discrepancies - the clock was set 12 hours off but fortunately I noticed that. (Hilton needs to get rid of those clocks they use - 25% of the time I go into a Hilton room, the clock is not right and they make it very difficult to adjust it yourself!) The pressurization system on the adjustable firmness mattress was also broke so the mattress was a bit soft.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Texarkana, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. The check in and check out procedure was quick and painless. My room was clean and quiet and I did not have any problems during my stay. I enjoyed my stay there and would stay again when I'm in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Upon entering the room the shower did not work and I had to pack up everything that was laid out for the evening because a maintenance person was not on duty to fix the shower or there was not a quality check to make sure the shower was in working order. As a business traveler this was something I did not plan on doing that evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Richmond, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The room was gorgeous, large, spacious, clean, etc. everything we needed. Nice, quiet neighborhood. Only thing that sucked was breakfast stopped at 9- we got downstairs by 8:55- nothing left :( but, snoozers are losers.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ASWMiller
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel and hotel room were clean and well maintained. The staff were very nice and helpful, however, the bed was awful. They have some sort of thing that you supposedly can control the firmness on each side of the bed. However, ours did not work. We called for maintenance and the gentlemen was quite nice and tried to fix it. However, sleeping on it was impossible. When you got up there was a huge hole where the air should have been and it made it quite uncomfortable to sleep on. We were there for 2 miserable nights for our granddaughter's wedding. Our son and family had another room and said their bed was awful also. Too bad, because otherwise, it was the best hotel we have stayed in in Shreveport. Will not stay there again unless they get better beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda6155638
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the evening of may 8. Upon checkin we were not advised that there was a meeting of a bunch of overindulgent drunk men. They were everywhere. All over the hotel, being obnoxious and drunk. My daughter and I were extremely uncomfortable. They were making very crude comments to the women in the hotel. Our room was not that great at all. We are diamond members with Hilton and had we known this we would have stayed somewhere else. After traveling all day, we were tired and decided to eat in the American grill downstairs. They were out of EVERYTHING. We just ordered whatever they did have in stock. The food was DISGUSTING not to mention the above mentioned group of men prancing through the lobby with large open bottles of alcohol, coolers, food, and their loud obnoxious, crude, voices. In my opinion the hotel staff should have had some sort of control of how these men were making other guests feel and also let us know they were there and what kind of meeting was going on before we checked in. As diamond members we are very disappointed that Hilton would allow this type of behavior to go on on the property. No matter how much money they are bringing in, in the long run, it's not worth other guests feeling unsafe and insecure. For this reason, we will now stay at another hilton property or another hotel the two times a month on average that we are in Shreveport. Shame on you, Hilton, for allowing this behavior.

Stayed May 2014