“terrible Hilton”

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Already said my peace about this poorly run hotel. When a person pays for 2 nights they are guarenteed check in at any time. I could have paid for 1 night and asked for early check in, but i understand they may not have had a room ready when i needed it. Thats the whole purpose of paying for the extra night. This hotel needs some serious training of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At the Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport we strive every day to provide great service to our guest. I am sorry we weren't able to do that for you. Your feedback permits us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future for reservations, rooms being held, and room type.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while on a weekend trip. Accommodations were comfortable and room was quiet. Room had a generously-sized "mini" refrigerator, which was nice. Ample closet space and all in-room appliances were in working order. Close to numerous restaurants, shopping areas, etc. Front desk staff were friendly and courteous, Would recommend and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank divekettle
Eric K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We are delighted you made the decision to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

There is a new definition for extraordinary accommodations: it's Hilton Garden Inn, Shreveport. These are among the most attentive and cheerful hospitality professionals I ever met. You'd think it was the Four Seasons. There's no doubt in my mind where I'll stay on my next visit to the Shreveport-Bossier area. A bonus: It's close to the airport and easy on the interstate if traveling by automobile.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are so happy you enjoyed your trip to Shreveport! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good location, easy freeway access, close by restaurants, in-room coffee maker, microwave, mini-fridge (all big plusses). Great price even for a weekend night. Clean, spacious room, comfortable chair w/ ottoman. Bed slightly uncomfortable, probably just needs to be turned over. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

A good value is the key to enjoying your vacation! I am thrilled you chose the Hilton Garden Inn and were able to take advantage of all we have to offer such as the in-room coffee, great location, and awesome service! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived in Shreveport on the way through to Florida in the middle of the night, and we were basically stopping at every hotel at this exit looking for a room. Thankfully, the Hilton Garden Inn had a room available and checked us in quickly and professionally.

The parking lot is well lit and has sufficient space for a fully booked hotel, but I would offer one word of caution. The sprinklers to the West of the hotel turned on shortly after we arrived, and since I had pulled my car all the way up to the curb, the rather curious sprinkler positioning had water shooting up into my engine.

The common area of the hotel seemed very clean for what little time we were there. The room was a bit different. The bedding and furnishings were nice enough, but the floors and especially the bathroom left a lot to be desired.

The main issue, however, was what bit me? I've been bitten by a lot of different critters in my day, but either someone has been feeding mosquitos steroids, or this was something I haven't come across before. I know it can be difficult to control pests, and to allay any fears of the obvious, no, we didn't bring anything home with us.

Hopefully, this experience was a fluke (no, not *that* kind of fluke), but like I said, the room really wasn't in keeping with the quality of the rest of the hotel. If you're in a pinch, it's fine, but if you have a choice, I would look at some alternatives.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Our goal is to provide the highest quality of customer care to all of our guests. The Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport takes great pride in everything we do...from the decor to the friendly staff! I appreciate your feedback regarding what you encountered here at our hotel!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel needs some general cleaning and maintance, the hotel looks much older than four years. During my stay there was daily police action in the area. There are no dining close except for fast food. It does have good access to the freeway, it is not the closest HG to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport we strive every day to provide superior customer service. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport (HGI) has an attractive clean campus as do many of the Inns along the Financial Plaza strip near the airport. It seemed like the HGI was pushed to capacity when we arrived and our check in was slow. Perhaps this was because of the Mudbug Festival that was occurring during that time period. However, the front counter clerks pleasantly serviced anxious guest adding a smile or two. During our stay one of the clerks even remembered my name and greeted me whenever I passed by. Very welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SportsRef-Off

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the great location and felt very welcomed here at the Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport. I do however apologize for the delay during your check in. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future. Thank you.