“Home away from home”

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had an all-around great stay at this hotel. The staff was "bend over backwards" hospitable. I highly recommend eating at the restaurant in the hotel. The new head chef (Scott Morris), as well as the rest of the kitchen staff (Ce Ce, Mercedes, Shun to name a notable few) are remarkable. I watched as they went to every end to accommodate myself and other guests. Scott comes out to the dining room and bar often to visit with patrons, ask what they like or would like to see for specials, and just see that everyone is well taken care off. They created an atmosphere that seemed to incline most to stay in, relax and enjoy the conversation of the other guests, instead of going out again after a long day. I felt like I was on vacation instead of on another ten day work trip.
The rooms are nice, clean and well maintained. The sheets were changed daily, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was straightened and cleaned and even clothes that I left out were folded and placed on the bed. The grounds are nice and also cleaned daily. The location affords easy access to the freeway and airport, and though a bit noisy outside; no traffic noise could be discerned inside the building. The spa area and exercise room are well maintained and fresh, warm cookies waiting in the lobby for your return are just icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Eat at the hotel, ask for Chef Morris.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank James B

Reviewed August 23, 2012

A group of us are staying at this hotel on business and are very pleased with the accommodations. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The new Head Chef (Scott)part of the new management team is doing a fantastic job, I understand there will be a new menu next week. Looking forward to another Ribeye soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Mike C
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is my 3rd stay at this property this year. DO NOT stay at this property. It appears lovely on the outside and the lobby is nice....but that is where it ends.

Thank goodness they offer the 100% money back guarantee......

There were bugs on the wall in our suite -- local tv channels not operable and then they refused to make us breakfast that Sunday morning....said due to the capacity of the hotel they couldn't feed us -- I am sorry - I am a Diamond member and I get breakfast with another person.... how dare them?

They should have put a sign out that the cable wasn't working on local television stations....that was the weekend of the olympics, which we had to miss.....

They have gone through 10+ managers just in one year.

There are lots of other Hilton properties that are nicer -- don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gailhouston
ChrisHutchinson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for your review and loyalty to Hilton Hotels. Your candid review is quite hard to read but indeed motiviates the team to never allow these type of issues to repeat.

There are several enhancements that we are launching in the very near future that include a lobby and restaurant redesign. This new layout will ensure every guest enjoys the food and beverage offerings you deserve and expect from Hilton Garden Inn.

Also we can assure you that on a future visit you will experience service that is consisitent with our brand. We do have a management team that is new to this property however, not new to Hilton as we have dedicated most of our careers to Hilton Hotels and Hilton Garden Inn.

If I can be of personal assitance I am available anytime that is convenient for your. Please call the hotel and they will connect you to my mobile phone.

Chris Hutchinson

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently. While the hotel looked nice and the service was decent, I received over 23 bed bug bites the night of our stay. This event occurred on August 4, 2012. I have written to Hilton's customer service twice without their response.
This was my first experience with bed bugs in my 45 years of hotel visits.

Room Tip: Stay only if you want to chance the bed bugs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred C
ChrisHutchinson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your time reviewing our hotel.

I want to apologize for the unfortunate situation you personally experienced. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience.

We work closely with a professional pest control company to routinely prevent or rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have called upon our pest control company and we are relieved of the report from their inspection.

We appreciate your business and we will never take for granted the importance of detailed cleanlines and quality of service you expect from every Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

Chris Hutchinson, General Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed overnight on Saturday, August 4. Hotel lobby was open, clean, and nicely decorated. Room was clean but a bit smaller, although large enough for a short stay, than other Hilton hotels at which I have stayed. Staff was friendly especially the housekeeping staff who always made it a point to say hello and ask how we were doing. Breakfast was better than the free continental breakfast bars at some hotels but average compared to the Embassey Suites breakfast. The hotel is on the edge of Shreveport just as you leave Texas and enter LA in what I consider not the nicest part of town but the hotel parking lot is very well lighted to ensure safety. The pool is indoors and has a very strong chlorine odor so my children choose not to swim. Overall, I would rate this hotel just above average.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank adigilormo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the past 4 years. They treat you right and go the extra mile. I had a no-show charge and they were willing to forgive me and credit me the room charge. Great facility

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bamacouple9
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last night and were very pleased. Our room was very comfortable in size for us and our two teenagers. It was nice to have a mini fridge and free wifi. The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012