“Much improved!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I've been at the HGI a few more times since August and you can really see the difference. The problems mentioned before (exterior lights, landscaping, broken fence..) have all been fixed and make for a very nice welcome. The lobby has been decorated to celebrate the season...not overdone...tasteful. Good job to everyone and keep up the good work. I will continue to stay here whenever in Shreveport.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good but suites are worth the extra money...high floors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kermitthefrog66

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I'm always afraid of getting to the hotel that I booked online and finding disappointment. Not so with this Hilton Garden Inn. It is exactly as advertised. It was close to the airport. My sister and I traveled from California to Shreveport and we were pleasantly relieved that it was just as we saw online. As 2 women traveling we felt safe there. The room was lovely, simple but elegant, nicely furnished with comfortable beds. The staff was courteous, helpful and accommodating. During this same trip we stayed at another Hilton Garden Inn, and I can say it was just as nice. I would not hesitate for a minute to stay here again in the future. In fact we came back a week later for the night before our flight the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cali4niaSisters
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I'm very pleased with my stay at Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport. I stayed in a regular room with a king bed on the fourth floor. I immediately noticed how cold the room was---which i loved. Everything was clean and all the appliances worked well. I especially liked that the water pressure was just right and the water stayed warm for my entire (extended) shower. The bed was very comfortable and clean. I did not hear any outside noises and since i was closer to the end of the hallway i didnt experience any noise from the elevator or ice machine ((room 444)). I used the hot tub to unwind from the long drive from Texas. The clerk told me it closed at 10pm however if i was quiet she would let me stay in there a bit later. I thought that was very nice although i didnt need the extra time. The pool area had lots of towels and i was the only one in there. Unless you are a size 2 bring a towel from your room if you dont wanna walk back to the room in your swim suit. The elevators are not air conditioned which for this trip was nice after getting out of the hot tub. The business center is available 24/7 and you can also print documents. There is a Waffle House and IHOP within walking distance and plenty fast food resturants in the immediate area. WalMart is also very close by i would say 3-4 minutes by car and maybe 15mins by foot (one way). This area is safe and just off of the highway. If you are interested in staying closer to the major casinos this is not the room for you. However if you do not mind a 15-20 minute drive to the casino and are looking for a comfortable, clean and non smoked filled location this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank atxgrl79
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I traveled from TX for a mid-week couples getaway and wanted something close to the casinos yet far enough away. This was the perfect place. The location is excellent; ducked off on the side of the highway but near ALL the major retailers and restauraunts. The lady at the front desk, Alice, was very nice. Housekeeping, was pleasant. They spoke everytime they saw me in the halls. They even knocked on the door twice inquiring if I needed anything additional. The room was large and very clean.

I was treated very hospitable, I truly enjoyed my stay here and will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rare_Commodity
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Firstly, I'm a Hilton Diamond member and Gold member at 2 competitors. Entered my room to find a full trash can from previous person, cookie crumbs on one night stand and a bug on the other. Entered bathroom, toilet seat up, pubes on the rim. Closet door open, dry cleaning tag on floor. Dust on everything higher than 2 feet. So, wrote everything down and took it down to the manager who did...., nothing. No room change, no send someone to clean up, nothing. The next morning I received a note under the door saying they had tried to contact me, i didn't leave the room all night, but couldn't and they were sorry and would credit my account some points, that was almost 60 days ago, still no verbal apology and of course, no points.

Room Tip: one that they actually clean.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My coworker and I stayed here while attending an event at the convention center. We each had a suite, with a separate living and sleeping area. The hotel was like new, very clean, with comfortable beds. It was convenient to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I once requested extra towels, and the staff brought them immediately. The staff were always smiling and greeted us each time we walked through the door. The indoor pool/spa area was nice and clean with plenty of towels stocked in there. There is an okay casino nearby, and the Riverwalk is nice to visit. I would definitely stay at HGI again if I came back to Shreveport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 55229Kelly
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I'm not a person that will stay anywhere so that's why planning a trip is a big headache for me. This hotel is so nice, I was smiling from ear to ear with joy and relief, I love this place it was beautiful, clean, friendly, and did I say Clean. This will now be my hotel choice, every time I travel I plan to call the main office to find the nearest Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was so professional and caring and everything you need for your staff they have it covered. If you're as paranoid as I am about hotel beds, I'm here to tell you I wish I could have taken this bed home it was nice and comfortable, I hated to leave it behind. There was not one complaint about our stay I only wish I could have stayed longer and next time I plan too.

Room Tip: We had the King evolution room, it was quiet and no noisy hallways.You can adjust your on a/c temp a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple