“Good hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stay here when I have business in Shreveport. I enjoy it better than staying at the Downtown Hilton and I like to stay away from the Casinos. Nice clean hotel that is close to the airport. Very typical new Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mdr9

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I don't believe I had stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn previously, but this was a very good mid-range hotel. The bed was superb -- which is about 90% of the hotel experience. I got great sleep -- I rate this hotel Five Pillows on sleep comfort.

This is a midrange hotel off the Interstate. It is close to the Shreveport airport. No noise issues. Great front desk staff. A pleasure to check in. Hotel must be relatively new. My furniture looked in very good shape. Also, this hotel sets up a little bar downstairs in the evenings, so that is a nice touch. Lots of comforts of home, with a mini-fridge in the room and microwave. I'd definitely stay here again.

My only criticism: I wish they air conditioned the hallways. We were in the midst of the 100+ degree F. heat wave. Rooms were nice and cool. But they were not air conditioning the hallways or elevators (or had the thermostat set at 90+). Cool the hallways too.

It was a bit pricey -- maybe $139 -- there are definitely less expensive motor hotels in Shreveport -- but this one is quite good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here on the 19 of June. It was a very nice hotel, modern and clean, with a nice upscale atmosphere.

The room was excellent, clean and well furnished, with very nice amenities to include a microwave, mini-fridge, internet, and and adjustable comfort mattress on the bed! Simply wonderful.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. A special thanks to Ms. Sherry and the young man at the front desk (whose name I am sorry to say I did not get) for their warm welcome and oustanding service!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Heyload1
Reviewed May 10, 2011

we checked in on friday evening.

upgraded to a suite.....very large and spacious.....

comfortable bed....good location....very friendly staff.....awesome breakfast on saturday morning at their restaurant....cooked to order....being hilton diamond, didn't have to pay but think it is only $8.95/per person and it is worth it....very fresh!!

be careful though getting out of their tub/shower.....pretty challenging being not real tall... almost slipped....

great water pressure and lots of hot water....
refrigerator/coffee maker/microwave in the room.... two televisions (both flat screens!)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I recently had the occasion to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport, Louisiana. Walking in the door I knew that I was in one of those fancy shmancy hotels you see on the tv box. The lobby smelled like roses and there was the nicest lady playing a harp near the fireplace. It was "Old Rome" theme night and all of the staff was dressed in togas. Ms. Sandy at the front desk fed me grapes while Ms. Anne checked me in. They offered me some of that hummus stuff with some of that tortilla bread. They were so nice and took the time to tell me all about the activities that had been planned for the guests. I was disappointed that I was going to miss "Hip Hop" night that is being planned by Ms Christi at the bar. I went to my room and changed into my toga and got liquored up at the bar while eating some of the fine food served by the hotel. While drinking I met some people who were planning the world indoor wiffle ball championship. I was impressed to hear the the hotel is likely going to host the event. Not suprising because I learned that there are wiffle ball tournaments at least twice a week at the hotel. Wow! What a cool place! If you are in Shreveport you gotta stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank richardcranium1234
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Me and my family went home for the holidays and this hotel was one of the cheapest available with the Independence bowl there. I was happy we picked this hotel over others that were cheaper but run down. The location was ideal because we took I-220 to North Shreveport to see my mother and to Highland to see my father. I was expecting worse because of the other reviews, but my stay was very good. The room wasn't the biggest but it made due with our toddler and 8month old. The breakfast was okay but we only had the pastry, fruit, and juices. It wasn't a buffet style breakfast. The staff was great the place was clean. With being so close to the interstate there was no car noise. I was so pleased with our stay we ended up staying at the hotel instead of our family. Me and my family have stayed in hotels around the world and we will definitely return to this one.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2011

As a returning guest to the Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport, I have been very pleased with the changes. The staff as always is great, but the new owner and mangers of the hotel have worked to make some great changes and make the hotel an even better place to stay. The new food and beverage additions include a bar, three great chefs, and happy hour during the week. The restaruant and room service now offer a full restaurant menu, with nightly specials! Another great addition that is supposed to be in the works is new gym equipment, including heavier weights for the traveler who wants a real workout on the road. They even added a new gas grill and patio heaters are supposed to be on the way! And lastly, and my personal favorite, the weekly wiffle ball game! A perfect chance to socialize, wind down, and even get a little excercise! Be sure to ask them about this when you make your reservation :) Kudos to Sonny, Jose, Lauren, and the newest member of management, Ms. Sherry.... Job well done, y'all! Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business