“good stay”

Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Neal D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The property and surrounding parking lot was run down but room was clean. The front desk manager could not find my reservation and I had to keep insisting he keep looking. When he found it, I asked for an upstairs room and he gave me a downstairs room for disabled persons. I am not disabled and hope I did not take a room from someone who needed.it. There is a whole wing of the property that wasn't even being used where I could see ripped curtains. People appeared to be living in the wing I stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Greetings J M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. I am glad you found our hotel to be both quiet and clean as my staff works very hard to satisfy our guests.

I understand you have been given a room that wasn't to your preference. I sincerely apologize as our property and its’ floors have been designated based on smoking and non-smoking preference. The room that my staff assigned was based on our availability for that day and your preference of non-smoking. In regards to finding your reservation, I will personally talk to my staff and understand as it why your reservation was not promptly found, as this is not common. Please rest assured that we had no other requests for accessible rooms that day and it was indeed available.

In addition, I am very excited to inform you that our property is currently under renovation. As a precautionary safety measure, we have temporarily closed the doors so that we can protect our guests and workers. We welcome you to visit our property in the future and provide us your feedback once again. We have also added a note in your guest profile to ensure you will get a room based on your preference.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for any discomforts during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels.

Neal D.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived and found out they didn't have our reserved room in their system *pricelines fault* but the lady upfront gave us a room and at the price we were quoted from Priceline so that was awesome.
When we found our building the stair area was bad, our first day there was a homeless person sitting on the air vent smoking and both the doors were propped open even tho the sign says not to do that. It's was really hot in there and smelled horrible. All along the stairs were ashes and cigarette butts that were never cleaned up.
The room was a usual double bed room, it was clean and we had no issues with it.
The pool and hot tub were nice.
The area was scary, we were leaving one evening and a group of kids were walking by us to crash the pool call me a b#%^* because I would not give him a smoke.
The free breakfast was nice, they had eggs, sausage, waffles, several kinds of Danishes, three different kinds cereal, apple and orange juice, coffee. For being free it wasn't bad.
All the workers seemed nice but I didn't really seem them much.
It wasn't a bad place for being so cheap but they really should have someone patrol the grounds making sure the doors are not propped open

• Stayed: May 2013