“Easy, Average, No problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Shreveport

You added Studio 6 Shreveport to your Saves list
Studio 6 Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5020 Hollywood Ave, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Candlewood Suites Shreveport)   |
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Easy, Average, No problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We got a room for one night. Loved the kitchenette and stocked cabinets even though we had no use for them. Also had a great desk/office space. If you need something like that then this is the place for you. The chairs and carpet were worn, but stuff like that does not bother me. Overall it is updated and despite the slightly worn nature, it was exceptionally clean, and the beds were very comfy. They had a cool looking little barbecue pavilion, and the pool was clean, but we didn't have time to utilize either of them. I wish they would have had a continental breakfast of some kind, but I knew going into that they did not. The staff was also very, very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Jessica P,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleburne, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My son, daughter-in-law and I have stayed at this hotel many times. My grandchildren are in Centenary College there. We spent last Sat. night there to see my granddaughter in a production of Les Miserables. My daughter-in-law had made reservations on line for a one bedroom suite and a single for me. When we checked in (which took forever) we were told that they did not have the bedroom suite available. The guests who had been in that room for 30 days decided to stay one more day and instead of telling them that it had already been booked, they told us we could not have it after making confirmed reservations. We have stayed at hotels before and decided to stay past our reservations and were told we could but would have to change rooms if they had reserved it for that day for another party. The lady on the desk did not seem to know what she was doing and was going to charge them the same price for a regular room as the suite. My daughter-in-law said no and they changed their mind then. After that, the lady was very cool to us and was not very friendly when she checked us out. It seems their reservation policy means nothing. There is not much point to making reservations as they do not honor them. Also, the hotel is getting very worn and old looking and the hall and rooms were not as clean as they had once been.The floor was sticky and so was the elevator. The next morning there was no milk for cereal. There is no continental breakfast available and the price should include one. If you want to eat, you pay extra. This place offer nothing. Needlessless to say we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda6155638
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Linda6155638,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise and motivation for the future.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay. Our goal has always been to deliver world class experience and seamless reservation system and we deeply regret that we fell short on our regular standards on this occasion. I humbly extend an apology for the inconvenience you had with your reservation and for the dissatisfaction with the level of service provided.

Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to target opportunity areas. We all hope that you will give us another chance and allow us to win your confidence back in our hotel.

Dhan M
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Got there no water in the pool both nights we stayed there! We request a double and receive a single with a small roll in bed! Our cousins came in a few hours later and had the same problem we did, went to the front desk and said they ask for a double and was given a double! After checking in we were warned by other guest to check our beds and towels to see it was clean! Both of our rooms had a funny smell to it so we use febreeze, on the wall by the air conditioner was mold! Even though we were on the third floor i didn't feel comfortable with the fact that the curtains could not close over the sheer curtains! Overall its a good room to go to sleep shower and leave and go about your day but not vacation wise!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank terashia
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear terashia,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had during your stay. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I arrived at 10pm, I was told that there was only one room available. This room had one bed and there were no roll always. I explained that I had made a reservation and provided a credit card number earlier in the day and was even able to show them the email confirmation. The front desk staff explained to me that they had sold the room because I had not checked in. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is counting on a room
being available upon arrival. The front desk staff was unapologetic and offered nothing to rectify the situation.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Mrs248
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mrs248,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed at Candlewood many times while in service to the military. Upon entering the lobby of this particular hotel, there was a terrible smell which continued to the second floor. On the first floor by the elevator there was a full can of trash and a full bag of (open) trash sitting by the can of trash. Once in my room I noticed numerous stains on the bedspread, the bathroom floor was dirty, the shower did not work, the entrance floor to the room was very sticky (same on the elevator floor), the desk chair was broken, the ironing board hanger was laying on the floor along with the two screws that should have held the board to the wall, the work desk had a broken leg and the carpet was ripped along one whole side of the wall. I went to the lobby and the clerk was busy on a personal call. I attempted to use the business office to check in for my flight the next day. The computer room was hot and smelled worse than the lobby. I couldn't get the computer to work properly and I could not check into my flight. I then noticed that even if I had been able to check in, I couldn't print off my tickets because the printer was not installed on the computer and there was an error code for the printer. After leaving the business office to speak with the clerk, she was now busy with a personal friend. I finally gave up. I will not stay here again, wish I would have ignored the government rate for this hotel and stayed at the Hilton!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JRBilly
Derek H, Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear guest, We are disapointed to read our hotel was not what you had expected. Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that guest satisfaction and comfort are our priority at all times. Again please accept our apolgies for any shortcomings during your visit to Shreveport.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

First, they couldn't find our reservation, even when I handed them the email confirmation, which showed it was prepad. After 15 minutes, the manager found it. BUT we were charge AGAIN and 2 weeks later, it's still not settled. The room was nice, but it smelled like urine in the carpet in both the living area and bedroom. The curtain sheers stunk to high heaven. I had to go to the front desk to get spray air freshener but that only lasted for a short time. The people were very nice, and apologetic, but did nothing to rectify the issues. They also couldn't find the reservations of our friends. For the price, it's not worth it. There's a Quality Inn around the corner that's less expensive AND has a full breakfast. This place has no breakfast whatsoever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GORDONCHICK
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Studio 6 Shreveport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear GORDONCHICK,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We value all our guest so I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest apologies. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The desk clerk was not friendly and didn't acknowledge me until after I had been standing at the front desk for awhile. Check-in was quick after that and then we were off to our room. We were on the first floor. The floor in the kitchen was sticky. The tile in the bathroom was dirty and there was hair everywhere. The room also has an old, funky smell. For $80/night, I'm not expecting much but this hotel did not justify the price. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank EarthAngel172
Dear guest,

We are disapointed to read our hotel was not what you had expected. We are now under new management Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that guest satisfaction and comfort are our priority at all times. Again please accept our apolgies for any shortcomings during your visit to Shreveport.

Thanks,