“FIRE! FIRE! Go back to bed!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Scott
eunice, la
“FIRE! FIRE! Go back to bed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

My husband and I wanted one peaceful night away from our very busy home to get a good night's rest. At 1:30 a.m. we were awakened by the fire alarm. The staff room next to us was on fire and the hall was filling with smoke. The staff woman told us to go back to bed because it was out. We did not listen. The firetrucks came and evacuated the hotel. We waited outside for an hour or so . Finally, we were cleared to go back. No apology or explanation was given. Being it was the hotel's fault ( stored tollet paper had caught on fire) , we thought we should be compensated with a free night. No one offered anything, so we asked for one. The clerk went to get the manager who never came. Instead, she took $20 off the price. Never stay here. It may cost you your life and no one will blink over it.

• Disliked — i wanted a good night's rest.
  • Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Benton, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

Availability of HBO and a continental breakfast does not a 3-Star hotel make. Although convenient to I-10, this hotel is in need of much remodeling and is not the typical quality of other Microtel Suites in which we've stayed. The "suite" was very, very small and reminded us of a cruise ship cabin (on a 40-year old cruiseliner). There was extremely poor lighting, the security locks on the room door were weak, there was no radio or other clock in the room, and the bed linen appeared clean but well-worn and in need of replacement. Being unfamiliar with the city, however, the hotel appeared to "fit" the area in which it is located and had we known, we never would have stayed there. Overall, extreme disappoint in both the hotel and in Hotels.com.

• Liked — Helpfulness of check-in staff.
  • Disliked — Too much to list.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

We booked a room with a queen sized bed as we weren't going to be at the hotel very long. It was a very small room, much smaller than most. The website advertised "Chiropractic Approved Mattresses" so imagine our surprise when we found a bed which came up to just above my kneecap! The box spring mattress was completely broken, and when we sat on the bed, it folded in the middle! The "Cozy Window Seat" was covered with stains as was the desk chair. The sheets on the bed were ripped and the non-smoking room reeked of smoke. There was a white, powdery substance behind the door that I hoped was a cleaning product (I wasn't about to check) and the bathroom was not clean at all.

The staff member at the desk was very nice and helpful, upgrading us to a larger room with 2 queen beds. At least they weren't broken. This room was also cleaner with better sheets. There were cigarette burns on the desk chair in this non-smoking room as well. The wireless high-speed internet did work well. The continental breakfast area was very small and crowded. It was just a standard continental breakfast - not an expanded one as advertised on the website. We gave up and went to McDonald's. Unfortunately, we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Liked — Helpfulness of the front desk staff to get us another room.
  • Disliked — Broken bed and unclean room.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Texjuns
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2006

I used to stay at the Microtel all the time in the past and at one time it was a nice hotel at a fair price. After Hurricane Katrina hit and the evacuees were housed here for some months, it is no longer what it used to be. I stayed at this hotel last night (January 31, 2006) and it is very dirty and is looking run down. I stayed in room 103 and there were several holes in the ceiling, one within a shoe print on the ceiling, as though someone used their shoe to beat on the ceiling. The hotel could at least repair these holes to make the rooms look decent. The carpet is dirty and the bottoms of my feet were black after walking on them barefoot. The bathroom appeared to not have been mopped or wiped down in forever. I had to wipe the bottoms of my feet with a wet towel before putting on my clean socks and shoes this morning. The towels were dingy and a wash cloth I was going to use for my shower had a stained hand print on it. The pillows were so flat, it was like not even sleeping on a pillow and I woke up with a back and neck ache. All in all, I felt very dirty when I woke up this morning, even though I had taken a shower just before bed the night before. I won't be staying at this hotel anymore.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2003

Thr property is always clean and the staff is very hospitable!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scott
Howard Johnson Scott Lafayette
Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#10 of 49 in Lafayette

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette? Share your experiences!