“Good stop”

Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Scott
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a good stop off interstate10 for coffee, a break and food. It's in an old railway station and has town and train memorabilia around. The hamburger is good and staff friendly. There is wifi and ice cream desserts. Good for families. Very reasonable prices

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my third visit. Consistently, the service is slow and they need someone to bus the tables. Sunday morning at 10:45. Not that busy. We were greeted when we entered. Tables were dirty. Waitress came to the table and asked if anyone wanted breakfast because they stop serving breakfast at 11. We ordered drinks and burgers. Two of us wanted a fried egg on their burgers. Fifteen or so minutes later, she returned to the table and said that the cook wasn't going to be able to fry eggs for the burgers. We asked if they were out of eggs. She said no but that breakfast ended at 11. We insisted and she said it couldn't be done. We asked for the manager and she said that the owners were on vacation and couldn't be reached. We paid for our drinks and left. There are too many accommodating restaurants who appreciate customer's request.
And, by the way, they serve bacon on their burgers. Last time that I checked, bacon is a breakfast food as well.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was on a hunt for a great beignet while in Louisiana. I went where people or signs said were the best and was disappointed. But here at the Coffee Depot, WOW! Great, freshly made beignets, properly shaped and great tasting! I also, now have a thing for Boudin and this place makes a mean Boudin biscuit! Yummy! My husband had the biscuits and gravy and it was also delicious. This place had a great atmosphere. Much to look at to include to local history. What a nice feel to the building in a thick would train station with so many fixtures. Wonderful!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I live in Missoula,MT. We visited my family in Scott, La and wanted my husband (native Montanan) to taste beignets for the first time. I was really impressed when I walked in the Depot. The atmosphere is adorable and beignets are AWESOME! Thank you for turning the old feed store into a super cute memorabilia of the railroad in Scott.
Kay Boudreaux-Persson

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were at The Coffee Depot on a Saturday late morning. We had beignet strips (will get the "bites" next time), a tasty burger, and some rich, dark roast coffee. The place was very interesting, with the decor made up of old train depot relics from the town and building's beginings many decades ago. Very family friendly on a Saturday morning. I think half of southwest Louisianna is cousins with each other, at least they are that friendly. The Acadian spirit is always in the air. The food was all very good, the coffee hot and plentiful, and the wait staff was, mostly attentive, though our waitress did go "missing" for 20 minutes. I will definitely go back. Good beignets (4 out of 5 rating).