“BEST CRACKLINS”

Don's Specialty Meats
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Scott
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've visited Don's Specialty Meats several times, usually on the way from Houston to Lafayette. This is a fun place to stop and if you want the best and freshest Pork Cracklins around, it's a must stop. They have many other meats and trinkets but my favorite is the Cracklins. My mouth starts watering about 10 miles from the exit! This is a must try in my opinion.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit I wish they had a less pepper boudin not because I don't like pepper but because I would rather less. They have a great meat market but you have to stop I'm for their boudin and cracklings.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Although I didn't think the Boudin Balls were that good, the rest of the food was good. We stopped by here on the way to New Orleans. Some of the locals reccomended it.

Lunch was good! Po-boys are good, nothing special. The chicken fried steak was good and the green beans were awesome, just like home.

This store sells 'cracklins', a huge selection of sausages and a variety of frozen and smoked meats.

If we had brought a cooler with us, I would have loaded up.

We will definetly stop here again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We pulled in and the majority of the license plates were from Texas!
They have a good selection if meats and we were there for boudin and alligator. We bought alligator patties, legs, sausages as well as rabbit sausages and venison/deer sausages.
We were so excited about getting alligator that we didn't bother to read the packages: I don't eat pork or wheat for health reasons and all our sausages had both. :(
The patties were also made with both.
We true their boudin and it was spicy though didn't have much seasoning flavor. We had boudin in a small town (mamou- pop 3300) and it was far superior .
If I were craving housing and couldn't get it elsewhere I would get dons.
Very good and quick service. Busy. Next door to fezzo restaurant which was yummy.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here before, looking for Cajun Hogshead Cheese for a friend in AZ, and we bought some of their world class cracklings. Yum. This time, we came back for a po-boy and some boudin, and we were happy with the results: spicy sausage on a hotdog bun and a po-boy of beef brisket. Yes, we bought more cracklings and I ordered (too much!) a pound of cooked boudin to snack on while we waited for our sandwiches. Wow!

You shouldn't go here looking for sit down service, a big menu, nice restrooms, or a calm, peaceful environment. This is a STORE! They sell meat. The food service is definitely an add-on. But, if you're looking for quick and good cajun-type food, this is a good place to stop. Incidentally, they are right next to a Wal-Mart and cheap gas, too!

You can check out their website here: