“Best balls ever”

Billy's Boudin & Cracklins
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Scott
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband is a fan of best stop but I'm not a fan of the balls there. Stopped and tried these and I'll never buy boudin balls from anywhere else. Their balls are the best you have to try them. Huge and battered well.

1  Thank EliseLaRocca

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Three locations close together and all three are awesome. Billy's is the newest in this area but has made a name for itself which says a lot since Don's is right down the street.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

A MUST stop....the best boudin balls! They have a boudin ball with pepper jack cheese that's good too (something different!) Boudin and cracklins are also good.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Driving through southern Louisiana and in need of lunch brought us by chance to this local establishment. While familiar with boudin (pork sausage) and cracklin' (pork rinds), these were out of this world. The Boudin Balls with pepper jack cheese was out of this world. The crayfish pie was sublime. The cracklin' is well worth the potential heart attack it may cause. Billy's is a no-nonsense place to grab and eat. Nothing fancy and doesn't need to be. If you are driving through Scott, west of Baton Rouge, this is a must stop. The staff was helpful and patient.

1  Thank philomundi
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I frequented this establishment twice, the second time was to make sure I just hadn't caught them on an off day the first time around.

The food is good, but no better than Don's or Best Stop, which are both nearby. What really turned me away from returning to this location deals more with things other than the food quality. The ladies' restroom was not clean at all ... my first thought was if the restroom is this dirty, what does the kitchen look like? You cannot see the kitchen from the front section; therefore, I can just imagine.

Secondly, they had 4 or 5 workers, and 2 customers to wait on (me and the lady in front of me). They left me waiting instead of checking me out while one of the cashiers was counting and folding her money for "after while" ... she seemed to be entertaining the other workers with her story.

The workers were so preoccupied in their own conversation that they kept messing up on both of our orders ... it was on the verge of ridiculous! The lady told me in the parking lot how she knows the owner personally and was going home to give him a call.

Don's is very clean, the help is very willing to assist, and its a much easier visit all the way around. I will drive across the street and frequent Don's ... after all, they have never disappointed me.

2  Thank LATraveler825