“Best place for cracklins”

The Best Stop Supermarket
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Scott
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is near the intersection of Hwy 90 and I-10. Don's Specialty Meat's and Billy's Boudin are near the same intersection. Of the three, Best Stop has the best cracklins. They are meaty and crispy without being too hard. The boudin balls here weren't that great though. For better boudin balls go to Billy's.

There are newer reviews for The Best Stop Supermarket

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had read some great reviews about this place and so decided to make a detour here on our way from Opelousas to Lafayette. So glad we came here - the boudin and cracklins were amazing! I just wish we could go back!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Best boudin and boudin balls I have ever had !! Busy, but service is very fast, they have enough workers for the amount of customers. I go at least once a week !!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We live in Oregon but are from south Louisiana and make a trip by motorhome at least once every year or so. Each trip must include filling (and I mean filling) the freezer and refrigerator with boudin, boudin balls, and andouille. Plus we have to buy whatever our relatives we're going to visit want us to get. They have great stuffed boneless chicken, cracklins, stuffed pork chops, and it's all GREAT! Shopping and deciding what to get is half the fun, but what's just as fun is chatting with the staff who are all helpful and super friendly. What's not fun is having to ration our purchases when we get home. It never comes close to lasting until our next trip, but talk about good!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was driving to Crowley monday and realized I would be passing close to Best Stop. I had never been but always heard how great their stuff is. The smell of cracklins and boudin hits you as soon as you get out of your car. I just looked around because I wasnt going to buy anything til friday as my freezer is full right now , but one of their employees gave me a bag with a boudin ball and a cracklin in it just so I could sample while I was there. They were awesome and I then decided to buy something so I bought a bag of beef jerky which was the best Ive ever had. They also have things like duck breasts stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos then wrapped with bacon........I'll be back there friday !