“Make room in your car and itinerary”

The Best Stop Supermarket
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Scott
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On a whim, we decided to stop here. It was easy on/easy off IH10. I gave the Boudin Balls a quick try, then loaded up on some goodies. We visited on a Sunday early afternoon, and only had a few other visitors in the shop with us. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. In the future, I will not drive through without stopping here. You shouldn't either!

1  Thank chicagarcia
There are newer reviews for The Best Stop Supermarket

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Absolutely THE BEST stuffed pork chops ever! Every time I come here, I have to bring an ice chest with me to bring back orders for friends. The variety of meats are endless - stuffed pork chops, quail, rabbit, boudin, you name it. Be sure to get a small bag of cracklins while you are there. I'd tell you to get a large, but they are so good, you will end up eating the entire bag and have a cholesterol reading through the roof! The boudin balls are great too.
The staff there are super friendly and helpful. Easy access off I-10 at the Cankton/Scott exit.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The woman waiting in ine in front of me would not let me leave without getting the stuffed pork-chops, smoked boudin, mixed boudin (spicy Cajun sausage with rice and pork filling), pork tasso and boudin balls. They sell dry ice, buy it and buy whatever the locals or your eyes tell you. Beyond good.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We used to live in Louisiana and now live in Houston so every time we travel over to LA we always stop at Best Stop for meat to bring home. Our favorite would have to be the stuffed chicked breast with cheese and spinach. It is large enough for the two of us to split. I also recommend the filet mignon, stuffed bell peppers, stuffed pork chops and the boudin. All the meat is seasoned so all you need to do is cook it! Also get some of their cracklin..it is seasoned perfectly and always still warm.
The staff is extremely friendly and will answer any questions that you might have on cooking any of their products.
The line can get kind of long if you are in there after lunch time but it does move very quickly.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stopped here as recommended by someone in a forum, on here. We are from the UK and had no idea what we were doing except that we wanted some boudin. Both the staff and other customers were bemused by our accents but we had a good laugh with them all whilst we ordered some boudin, smoked boudin and crackling. Along with a cooking instruction! We bought some boudin balls to eat straight away as we were starving. The boudin (all types) was amazing, and possibly one of the best things we have eaten, ever. Really enjoyed it, and we are going back today for some, which isn't bad as we only have 3 days in the area, and we are choosing this over eating out! Mmmmmmm indeed.