Howard Johnson Scott Lafayette
$55
SleepInn
$133
$112
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)
$90
$105
$45
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskwaffleshot breakfastcleaning staffrecommend this hotelgreat pricebreakfast was excellentsunday morninghigher priceflat screen tvno meatrooms were very cleanhave stayed here several timesovernight stayenjoyed our staystaff was friendlybiscuits and gravy
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stopped at this Howard Johnson on a long trip from Texas to Florida. I was immediately impressed with the staff, very polite and helpful. My room was clean and large and comfortable. The best part, however, came the next morning when I was loading my car to leave and I couldn't find my cat in the room. Not willing to leave her in Lafayette, I went to the front desk to explain my delimma. The lady on duty, was not only kind about the situation, she went with me to my room, lifted up the the king sized bed and I found kitty up inside the box springs. I honestly expected surly or rude behavior based on past stays at hotels. This was most certainly not the case here.

If you appreciate classy staff, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here while we were playing ball in Crowley. I had read the reviews but always a little skeptical -- The room was spacious & clean..... the towel holder by the sink was loose but that was it... Staff was very friendly & the hotel was quiet~~ You did not hear any noise from the I-12 which is always a concern.....They do have a pool but we never had time to go.. The breakfast was a hot breakfast but I have had a little better.... For the price & what you get here, worth staying...... They don't not have much to pick from in the Scott & Crowley area unless you choose to go back to Lafayette..... If you need a night or two, you would not be disappointed with this hotel for the price..

Room Tip: Convenient to I-12
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank madisonvillebabydoll
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel was convenient to the hwy, clean and had a nice breakfast in the morning with excellent coffee.

When we checked in they were not going to give us a non smoking room. They said they didn't have any and quote - "You have no preference when you book through Priceline. You should never book through Priceline". They even offered their phone so I could call Priceline and I'm sure be told the policy for getting a non smoking room. I am very allergic to smoke and did explain this and was eventually given a non smoking room. They mentioned not going through Priceline at least four times.

My thinking is if you don't want to give the same service to people who book through Priceline as any other way they can book into your hotel, then don't accept the bookings through Priceline.

Room Tip: If you happen to book through Priceline and want a non smoking room be sure to call the hotel in advance and make the request directly. They did point out that that did NOT guarantee a non smoking room. The only way to guarantee non smoking was to book with the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Tammy was superb at the check- in counter!!! She was so very helpful, kind, and courteous. I truly loved her. My Aunt had just passed away and we were from another state. Tammy was gracious and willing to go that EXTRA MILE to help and make our stay memorable. My Aunt/God-Mother was very special to me, so it was "difficult" to think clearly. Tammy was holding my hand, metaphorically speaking, while we checked into the hotel. I had accidentally checked-in to another Howard Jphnson location but wanted this particular location. Tammy, the superb, assisted me in resolving the change and never became frustrated with my error. The Howard Johnson in Scott is a superb place to stay any day of the week, month or year!!! I truly mean that whole heartedly. I was completely exhausted, and had the BEST nights rest in 4 days that we were in Louisiana. We only stayed 1 night but I wish I could have registered here for the ENTIRE 4 days we were in Louisiana. Thank you very much Tammy and to the Howard Johnson Express for making this difficult time for me and my family, a peaceful, "no worry", stay for us. When I come back to Louisiana, I want to stay at this Howard Johnson Express location in Scott, Louisiana. Thank you, again Tammy for graciousness!
We were there from April 30-May 1st, 2012.

Room Tip: I'm handicapped and use a walker to get around. The 1st floor was perfect because the bathroom was spacious and had bathroom rails to assist me in the shower. It also had a "lift seat" to also assist me by allowing me to sit in the bath tub for my shower. A/C was great. Handicap rooms were so clean and spacious for my needs. King size bed was so very comfortable and supportive for my bad back and sciatic nerve.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a Very Good Stay at Your Hotel for the La. State Hog Rally held in Lafayette.
Your Staff was very friendly and Hospitable. Really took care of Us with Our Motorcycles.
The Food was Good and the Rooms very comfortable. Ms. Tammy and all of Your Staff
did a very good job with Us. We thank You for that and when We come back in Your
area We will stay with You.
Thanks Again,
Russell L. Gerace, President
Back Road BIkers, Inc.

Room Tip: Noise was not bad at all, and the Price is Very Reasonable, with a Very good Location.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends