“Amazing Swamp Tour!”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Amazing Swamp Tour!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

All the staff were very friendly and the tour guide was great, as other reviewers have said the staff did seem a bit racist but I think they were using no longer accepted terms rather than being actually racist. That aside the guide was very knowledgeable, he had spent most of his life in the swamp alligator hunting. He had many stories about alligators, other wildlife and just generally his life around the swamps which was very interesting. He was incredibly knowledgeable about the area and all of the wildlife, he answered every single question we had. Even had a bit of fun practicing my terrible French with his Cajun French! We sort quite a few alligators, vultures, raccoons, owls and a lot of other wildlife and the swamp scenery is great as well. This is a proper swamp tour not some crap organised by a big company, it is just three guys and two boats.

If you come to Louisiana then DO THIS TOUR!!!

Visited September 2013

St. James
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Concerns of Swamp tour”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very friendly staff, but also some rather racist comments about our present president...comparing him, his wife and children to raccoons several times during the tour. When people from other countries are coming to view our country, I feel this is not a true representation of our country.

Visited September 2013
8 Thank mitda
Chipley, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice Tour”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My 2 children and I were on vacation and came here. It was a nice laid back tour with several gators around. I think my favorite part were the racoons on the banks wanting food. They were the cutest. The grossest was when he fed the buzzards, gross but amazing all at the same time. I'm from Florida and have seen more gators in places than this, but the guide was very knowledgable and enjoyable. It was worth the money but we were ready to get back to land tired of sitting so long.

Annapolis
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“My best birthday gift”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We found this place listed in a booklet that we received at the Manning Passing Academy. We called and got information such as price, times, etc. We arrived in time for the afternoon trip. We were joined with another family with kids. I can't tell you what an incredible experience it was. I've never seen such an encounter with nature before. Our guide was great. You could tell he loved what he was doing and respected nature in the raw. The trip was 2 hours long and very informative for both children and adults. I am so glad that we didn't choose the pricy and short air boat tours. A great choice by my grand some and me!!

Benton, Arkansas, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very happy.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read through some of the poor reviews and these guys must have gotten a different tour guide. Ours was a Cajun in his 70s and was very informative, interesting, and funny. We went because we wanted to get up close and see some alligators. I realize that a lot of the animals on this trip are, to some degree, baited, but if you want to see them this trip will just about guarantee it. Before we departed the dock there was a 10-12ft gator hanging around the boat and we were able to get some good pictures. Our guide answered every question we had and clearly knew what he was talking about. He told us a lot of stories, not only about the swamp, but about Cajun life in general. He spoke French and English but his English was very understandable. We had planned to take another swamp tour the next day with a different company, but after this one we knew we had just been on the best one so we didn't bother with another one.