We stayed at this hotel for a day on our road trip through Louisiana. We pick our hotel brands carefully expecting a consistent experience in all of them. Unfortunately this was not the case for the Holiday Inn Express at Saint Rose.
It was apparent the hotel had been remodeled recently. The front desk, hallways and furniture are clean and looked fine. The furniture in the rooms have been replaced with new seats and beds. Staff was friendly and helpfull.
So far the good, on to the bad...
The bathroom needs remodeling. It was old and cracks were starting to show.
When we entered our room (101) the AC was on at max setting, we went for diner at the Voodoo BBQ next door and when we got back we went to bad early because we were kind of jet lagged. We turned off the AC (always do that at night, usually when the room is near freezing it will last the night with a decent temperature in the morning), big mistake... The AC was on full to mask the smoker smell in the room. As the room warmed up in the night the smell oozed from the carpeting/walls into the air. The room had previously been a smokers room and the walls/carpeting had not been replaced. When we woke up in the morning everything smelled horrible, bad taste in my mouth like i had just eaten a cigar bud. Due to the jet lag we were a bit late, so quickly hit the shower to get rid of that smell and went for breakfast. Breakfast was supposed to last until 10am, but at 9:10 almost everything was gone. No more toast, no more fruit, no more normal yogurt. Only a few cups of diet yogurt left. Also no employee to ask if there was anything left in the back.
The really bad thing was that the smoke had penetrated my suitcase and all of my clothes. The next morning at another hotel the smell was again very bad as it came out of my suitcase/clothes. Took several days for it to go away (mostly), I do have to wash everything when I get back home.
The hotel has the HIE price, but certainly not the quality. Drive on to greener pastures.
@Management: close down the previous smokers room and completely rebuild them including carpeting. You can throw away the beds, they are ruined now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, a New Orleans Airport South. The newest addition to the Big Easy is the Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Orleans Airport! We are conveniently located adjacent to the Louis Armstrong International Airport on Airline Drive in the James Business Park, just a short drive to downtown New Orleans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport Hotel Saint Rose
- Ramada Inn And Suites New Orleans Airport
- Ramada Saint Rose
- Saint Rose Ramada