“Simply Wonderful”
other travelers have booked this property
The Cypress Front doors
Excellent
The Cypress Front doors
were given to me by Gabriel Latiolais, a local
sugar cane farmer.
Entrance to living area with Cypress door
(leaded bubble glass).
The St. Therese Bedroom
with Oak bed and vanity.
came from Canada
Oak china cabinet with
round oak table and six
oak chairs.
Antique vanity with marble.
St. Mary Bedroom has a
queen size mahogany bed and armoire. Antique beaded Wayne coating.
The back steps lead to the Evangeline
Bedroom.
St. Therese Statue and
the Sacred Heart of Jesus.!
Thirty year old Azalea
bushes are beautiful in March/April.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

beccawes
st louis
“Simply Wonderful”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I found this wonderful property on VRBO. We were traveling to the area for a wedding. We are a family of 4 traveling with a 5 year old and 14 year old. Ms Emmaline is the perfect host, it was great to finally meet and everyone got a hug. I cannot imagine choosing to stay in a hotel if ever in this area, this property was perfect. From the moment we pulled in the driveway after a day and a half of driving we felt at home, relaxed, at ease with room to spread out and a homemade german chocolate cake for us on the kitchen table and fresh milk in the fridge no less! Our 1st night a lovely summer storm blew threw and I slept like a baby, in fact every night, everyone slept wonderfully. It was the most relaxed and at peace I have felt in years . The master bedroom and bath are just stunning, they dont make houses like this anymore, beautiful wood floors and woodwork, tall doorways, french doors, just a beautiful space, not lacking any modern convenience. Our whole family cannot recommend this property enough, everyone wants to go back, just to stay at this home. Dont hesitate, we now fully understand and felt the phrase "Southern Hospitality" while at La Petite Voie de St Therese, tell Ms Emmaline we say hi!

Date of stay: June 2014
Aug 27, 2014
To the Thompson's:

WOW! It was my pleasure to meet your beautiful family. I am delighted
that you enjoyed 'La Petite Voie de St. Therese, and 'Bien Merci' for
a wonderful review.

Revenir - Come Back Soon,
Emmaline Thibodeaux
ediewedie
El Dorado, Arkansas
“La Petite Voice de St. Therese Breaux Bridge/ St. Martinsville”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Just left from a wonderful but too short stay. House and grounds are as lovely as the owner. Felt welcomed from the moment we walked inside. Emmaline,Thank you for sharing your home with our family!

Date of stay: July 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 27, 2014
My 'JOIE de Vivre'(Joy of Living)is when I meet wonderful people like
you. Yes, it was my pleasure to have you stay in my Cajun Country House.

Bien Merci,
Emmaline Thibodeaux
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: June 2014
Traveling group: Friends
Jul 1, 2014
Dear Evelyn and Bill,

It was my pleasure to have you in 'La Petite Voie de St. Therese', and I will say that you are a beautiful couple. It is a gift to meet such gracious people, and I thank Cynthia for bringing you to Cajun Country.
Bien Merci (Thank You),
Emmaline
Kent V
Etterville, Missouri
“The Best. Ms Emmaline's Acadian Style Home is better that expected!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Ms Emmailine's Acadian Home stay was wonderful. The location is a very nice Acadian home, fully furnished with all the amenities one needs for a wonderful visit to the Acadian area.
The location is easily accessible to the entire region and close to Lake Martin.
We spent more than a week at this nice home and had everything we need. The added value includes Ms Emmaline's knowledge of the area. As a livelong resident, she can direct you to anything in the area. It was like going into someone's home instead of a house.
She is also a wonderful host. We believe anyone who stays at Ms Emmaline's will have a very enjoyable stay. You know you have picked the right place when you arrive as she is there waiting for you with the key and to show you the nice home. Can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: March 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was like staying in a someone's home instead of cookie cutter style cabin.
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 23, 2014
I thank you Kent and Alice for a great review. You
were such wonderful people; really, I wish you would have stayed longer, and I am so happy that you brought your best friends Donna and Barry.
Merci beacoup, (Thanks a lot)
Emmaline
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing