All reviews mystery tour the main house ghost hunting carriage house williams room grounds are beautiful ghost stories haunted places next morning woodruff suite bradford suite ruffin stirling other guests back porch caretakers cottage big house rocking chairs
Reviewed May 20, 2016

I've always wanted to stay here and wasn't disappointed. I stayed in the Williams Winters room and had someone sit on the bed. Other guests and myself heard children laughing in the night. The accomodations were spacious and comfortable. My history and mystery guide was Miss Alison who deserves a 10 for competence and pure charm. The guides wear period dresses that add to the charm. The breakfast was simply yummy and the workers friendly. I managed to get a child in one of the windows and what appears to be a child's dollhouse on the porch.

Room tip: Stay inside the house if you can and take lots of photos.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
chloe1796, Manager at The Myrtles Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Than you so much for taking the time to write a review! Your feedback is very important to us and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 8, 2016

I have always wanted to stay at the Myrtles Plantation. I finally was able to stay three nights! Definitely want to go back again. Beautiful house and grounds, wonderful employees, and yes paranormal activity.

Room tip: The rooms inside the house are beautiful! The cabins out back are more modern and have a great view of the pond.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ginasph
chloe1796, Owner at The Myrtles Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We love hearing from our guest and really appreciate your feed back. We hope that you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

We booked the William Winter suite in the main house of The Myrtles Plantation and the whole experience lived up to our expectations. We were shown to our room by Miss Hester and, because our key turned easily in the lock, we were advised that an uneventful night was most likely in our future. Not so much... After taking the tour and hearing about the history of the home we enjoyed a nice meal and visited with our fellow guests - all of whom wanted a "haunted" experience but admitted that peace and quiet would not be altogether unwelcome. We turned in for the night but a couple hours later awoke because the room felt warm. I turned down the thermostat and kicked the covers around my knees. About 40 minutes later there was a tugging on the sheet which I dismissed as my niece moving around. However, a few moments later the coverlet was pulled up about 8 inches. My sleeping companion was snoring her head off so I knew she wasn't to blame. I calmed myself and tried to doze off again but shortly thereafter the blanket was inexplicably tugged up to my neck. I flailed around and made sure the invisible hands that insisted on tucking me in knew I didn't appreciate it at all. During breakfast the staff related that a young girl died in the Wm Winter room and they felt that someone still watches over its occupants and kindly tucks them in. Overall, we enjoyed the gracious staff, other friendly guests, and even captured an unexplained ball of light making its way up the stairs where a former owner collapsed and died after being shot. Give The Myrtles a try! It's great fun. I'm sure we will return.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank shoppingcruisequeen
chloe1796, Owner at The Myrtles Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your story! We always love hearing stories from the overnight guest who get to experience the mystery that has made the Myrtles so famous! We look forward to you coming back to see us!

Reviewed April 28, 2016

I stayed at the Caretaker's cabin for one night. While no paranormal activities were encountered, the cabin is a wonderful alternative to staying in the mansion and I highly recommend it. I also had dinner at the restaurant and it was very nice also. My reservation included a tour of the mansion which was fun and informative. All of the staff was very, very nice. Everyone there went above and beyond to help make my stay a wonderful experience. I definitely want to return and stay in the mansion next time.

Room tip: Choose a mansion room or caretaker's cottage for best paranormal encounters
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to write a review! We love hearing feed back from our guest especially when they have a great time and enjoy the property as much as you did! We hope to see you again in the future and look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved it, found out I was a decent of the Sterling family that owned the Plantation many years ago. It was very interesting and felt like coming going home for me. We ate in the restaurant and the food was wonderful.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much with us! We hope you come back to see us in the near future!