All reviews the cottages the main house back porch miss anne double jacuzzi pond cottage fridge was stocked oak trees coffee pot peace and quiet watching the ducks continental breakfast beautiful property dovecote privacy treehouse ms
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a reservation in the windmill cottage last month and when we checked in, the room was 360 from what we expected. The king room had a jacuzzi tub that looked like it came over on the Santa Maria and the glasses in the kitchen looked like they has not seen a cleaning solution in months. The rug by 1st floor bed was wrinkled to the point of easily causing someone to fall. I can't imagine someone giving this place a good rating unless they had never stayed in a good b and b before.

Room Tip: 1Try another location; the best western was great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank campbjac
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I went to Butler Greenwood for our 20th anniversary and stayed in the Treehouse lodge. We have been to St. Francisville several times and have stayed at the Myrtles. We wanted to stay somewhere different so we chose Butler Greenwood, which is just down the road from the Myrtles. I can honestly say that we preferred Butler Greenwood so much more. Instead of staying in a big house with paper thin walls, you get your own lodge, which is beautiful. The lodges aren't in perfect shape, they are older and show some wear, but they have that rustic charm. The lodge had a king sized bed and a large jacuzzi tub that we enjoyed. The only thing that didn't work is the DVD player, but it wasn't that big of a problem. The grounds and garden are amazing, and you have free range of them. The main house has more original and antique pieces than I have seen in any other plantation home. It is well kept and the owners have tried to keep it as original as possible. We enjoyed the tour, which the owner gave us free of charge. I have read reviews that stated that the owner isn't very friendly. I wouldn't say she was unfriendly, she just seemed that she was tired of people and had better things to do, but we weren't there to see her anyway. Butler Greenwood was also more affordable than the Myrtles and the tour was a real history tour. At the Myrtles, the tour is nice but they feed you this story that anybody who does a little research knows is not true. The breakfast at Butler Greenwood is just a few muffins and some cereal in the refrigerator, but it was enough to get us started. All in all it was a great deal and we had a nice time. We will definately go again.

Room Tip: The lodges are tailored for different people, couples, singles, families. You can view them all online and pick which one best suits you. The treehouse is more for couples, and we enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Us4cityfolks
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Paradise!
Quietly luring in the shadows of hundred year old oak trees is a little place that you'll quietly fade into like the shadows of the day as they disappear after sunset.
Yeah, that is how this place made me feel. Staying here makes you never want to stay in another hotel, EVER!
Here's the review I put together for Globetrekkin':

Room Tip: Eenie meenie minie moe..... doesn't matter. I stayed in the tree house, so I am partial, but all are fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BoBissett
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The minute you arrive you know it will impossible to ever leave. My family has been traveling to St. Francisville, La for years, we stay at the Cottage Plantation which is also perfection, but we have 2 additional little travelers & always admired Butler Greenwood so here we are. The accomodations very very cozy, the perfect place to escape from everything that is panic in our lives, I did bring my IPad just in case I wanted to peek outside for a moment, the connection was better than at my home! Our most Gracious Hostess, Ms Butler, was kind enough to share this little bit of heaven with us and for that I will forever be grateful and look forward to visiting once again with my family very soon...Thank you Anne

Room Tip: We peaked in all of the Cottages and all were tempting.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed her becuase of the unique lodging options; we stayed in dovecote which didn't disappoint. It was very unique with full deck overlooking ravine. Great place for family stay. The cottages are not new; translated as "don't stay here if you want super luxury and new facility". This is a bit rustic and down-to-earth. Very quiety, secluded and private which is what we wanted. The pool was sparkling clean. The tour was more informative that at the Myrtles plantation and the guide was descendent of the original owners. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay again. (but not in the pool cottage because the doors & windows directly overlook the pool deck-not so private). I rated as "very good" only to indicate to others that it's not spotless clean (but hey, I don't clean my baseboards either!). It is just a continental breakfast - croissants and muffins and cereal and banana. good enough for us and just as they advertise.

Room Tip: The poolside cottage door opens directly to pool deck - not as private as others.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family