All reviews the cottages the main house back porch miss anne double jacuzzi pond cottage fridge was stocked oak trees coffee pot peace and quiet watching the ducks continental breakfast beautiful property dovecote privacy treehouse ms
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The minute you arrive you know it will impossible to ever leave. My family has been traveling to St. Francisville, La for years, we stay at the Cottage Plantation which is also perfection, but we have 2 additional little travelers & always admired Butler Greenwood so here we are. The accomodations very very cozy, the perfect place to escape from everything that is panic in our lives, I did bring my IPad just in case I wanted to peek outside for a moment, the connection was better than at my home! Our most Gracious Hostess, Ms Butler, was kind enough to share this little bit of heaven with us and for that I will forever be grateful and look forward to visiting once again with my family very soon...Thank you Anne

Room Tip: We peaked in all of the Cottages and all were tempting.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed her becuase of the unique lodging options; we stayed in dovecote which didn't disappoint. It was very unique with full deck overlooking ravine. Great place for family stay. The cottages are not new; translated as "don't stay here if you want super luxury and new facility". This is a bit rustic and down-to-earth. Very quiety, secluded and private which is what we wanted. The pool was sparkling clean. The tour was more informative that at the Myrtles plantation and the guide was descendent of the original owners. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay again. (but not in the pool cottage because the doors & windows directly overlook the pool deck-not so private). I rated as "very good" only to indicate to others that it's not spotless clean (but hey, I don't clean my baseboards either!). It is just a continental breakfast - croissants and muffins and cereal and banana. good enough for us and just as they advertise.

Room Tip: The poolside cottage door opens directly to pool deck - not as private as others.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank g b
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife had toured this place years ago and wanted to stay in one of the cottages. We made reservations for four in "The Kitchen". The younger couple took the "full" bed but during the night she got up due the small space of bed and the noise the bed made at the slightest movement. They got little sleep. They were dressed and packed ready to go at 7AM. We all were upset! Upon looking for breakfast we discover one lonely muffin in the frig along with zip-locks of croissants, butter and jelly. Due to my background in engineering we were able to divide the muffin four ways! Reminded me of a fishing camp "breakfast of champions" ....... a Hersey Bar and a Bud! Never again!

Room Tip: don't go!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank wahigle1
Reviewed March 29, 2012

After bringing my family for summer visits (for swimming), I finally got the chance to stay during cold weather and have a fire! And I was able to stay in my favorite cottage - The Old Kitchen Cottage!
When I arrived, the lights were on for me along with the heat (such a nice, thoughtful thing to do!). The first thing I did was have my friend light the fire (everything was already set up and ready, all we had to do was light a match! A bonus for a little Cajun girl who never learned to use a fireplace before! I picked it up quickly!)I immediately turned off the heat in the back room and enjoyed the fireplace all night long!
Everyone was so friendly and nice, which made things more relaxing since I was here to be closer to my doctors for a barrage of testing, not for a relaxing get-away. After my doctor visits I had to stick around a couple of extra days to await my results and the owner, Ms. Anne Butler (author of many books on Louisiana travel and historic and tourists must-see sights in and around the area) was so understanding and compassionate as to allow me to extend my stay, even though it was quite unexpected.
I love the fact that each of the cottages offer lots of privacy and they all have terrific over-sized jacuzzi tubs with many different aroma-therapy bath additives to choose from! Over-sized towels make the experience of luxury complete.
I've stayed in many B and B's in different states, even a few different ones in the St. Francisville area, and I must admit I do enjoy having my own private kitchen (breakfast items included, along with all the pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc that you might need). I like being able to have my morning coffee (unlimited supply, already set up for you daily - simply turn the coffee pot on!) and breakfast at my own time and in private, not on someone else's schedule at a table full of strangers I am obligated to visit with.
Over the years my family and I have managed to stay in each cottage once and will soon be starting on round two of our "tour of the cottages". Ms. Butler and staff manage to make each visit special and memorable, even one that wasn't intended to be relaxing and was all about medical visits. They turned it into a very relaxing experience, after all.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank HistoryNutt56
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was here two years ago in Chase Cottage. That visit was great with the exception of rude comments made about the plantation next door,the Myrtles. My husband and I got a cottage at BG after staying the weekend at the Myrtles. I didn't mention we came from the Myrtles til after paying. Had I before she probably would have asked us to leave.
This time,we stayed in the Treehouse cottage. It was very dirty. In the kitchen area,there were dead bugs on the shelf.
When I arrived to check in,the owner asked if I had had lunch yet. I said no,that I was going to the Carriage House at the Myrtles. She got a nasty look and said,"I don't want to ruin their business,but many people have gotten food poisoning there." This was simply said out of spite. She seems to have a problem with them.
This area thrives on tourism. If all local businesses aren't successful,people won't come.
Such a shame that she speaks that way of them when the employees at the Myrtles were the ones that originally suggested that I tour Butler Greenwood.
Nasty cottage,nastier attitude. I won't go back.

• Stayed: March 2012