“Southern hospitality with supernatural charm!”

Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had dinner Friday, June 25, 2010. It was a delicious, friendly experience from start to finish. I chose the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer/salad. They were prepared crisp and fresh, with just the right bleu cheese and worcestershire dressing accents. I had the filet mignon for my entree; it was prepared just as I ordered it (medium plus) and was tender and savory. Locally grown green beans with a buttery, mild-spiced sauce and tangy potatoes au gratin were perfect accompaniments. Fresh, house-baked dinner biscuits came with the meal. My sweet iced-tea was attentively refreshed by my server "Jeanna", a vivacious and friendly local area resident. Alas, I did not save room for one of the several house-prepared desserts, but the cup of coffee I enjoyed instead was fresh, hot and satisfying.

There are newer reviews for Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation

Reviewed April 6, 2010

The Carriage House at the Myrtles Plantation was not only a wonderful experience, but the food was outstanding, especially the bread pudding. The staff were friendly, helpful, and extremely professional. Sitting on the patio of the Myrtles Plantation and watching fireflies over the pond topped off a great evening with friends and family.

Dean

Reviewed February 22, 2010

Our server was very attentive without being over attentive. The food was great with many choices and were very good prices.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

Upon entering the restaurant we were promptly greeted by the hostess. After being seated our waitress took my wife Julie's order and then mine. After some small talk with each other we were approached by Ashleigh Pattillo and Ms.Beth. They asked how we were enjoying our stay at the Myrtles Plantation and if we were pleased with our dining experience so far. We assured them we were completely satisfied. After an exchange of some brief conversation, our food arrived. My wife ordered fried eggplant stuffed with seafood and topped with shrimp etouffee while I had BBQ shrimp served with toast or otherwise called Shrimp Extraveganza. We were blown away by the taste. And to top it all off, we tried the best bread pudding with vanilla ice cream we both have ever had. Before leaving we asked to see the chef. Mr. Joey and Cain met us at our table. We thanked each for the experience we had, Joey for the meal and Cain for the bread pudding. I look forward to patronizing there establishment again in the near future. 10 STARS.********** Robby & Julie Copeland

Reviewed February 16, 2010

My shrimp po-boy sandwich and baked potato soup that I had for lunch was better than I've ever had in Baton Rouge. Lunch prices were very reasonable, only a couple dollars more than I would have spent for fast food. My sandwich came with my correct changes (no tomato, extra pickle) and our server was timely but not always pestering us. Laid back atmosphere allowed our group to visit for an hour without multiple interruptions. I highly recommend this restaurant!