“Extremely Disappointing”

Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Service was poor and untimely. Food was highly overpriced for the quanties provided and not overly flavorful. When food was finally delivered, some items were missing or incorrect. Waitress questioned whether we had correctly described the error. This was hardly worth the 60 mile trip.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped after an evening tour of the house. Although we only had dessert (bread pudding), it was melt in your mouth delicious. I can only assume the rest of their food is as good.

1  Thank MNroadtrippers66
ping76, Manager at Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

PLease email me at bmbp100@aol.com I would surely like to know who the server was,date and maybe the talbe location where you sat, so I can correct this problem. It would mean a lot to me as the manager and owner. Thanks

Reviewed May 24, 2013

First time visitor to the area. Came here after several referrals from some friends. Was a huge disapointment. Expensive, food was so-so, and restaurant could have been cleaner.

1  Thank DebraL2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to eat. A little pricey for the quantity of food. I actually ordered an appetizer special for my entree. Loved their sweet potato and andouille sausage soup! Would definitely go back to try other items on the menu!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

While touring plantation homes in St Francisville, we decided to have lunch at the Carriage House. Our waitress was very prompt in meeting all our requests. My husband had the fried catfish strips with the potato salad, and I had soup and grilled chicken salad. It was a little pricey, but we both agreed the meal/service was worth it!

1  Thank fniche