“Not great.”

Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Food OK, but not worth the price. Service OK but not really good enough. Too crowded, but I guess it was Ghost hunting season!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm so used to really great food when I visit Louisiana that I am always a little surprised when food is just average. That being said, the staff is friendly and tried hard but this particular Saturday night must have just been overwhelming. I think they had a big high school group in and they were also running evening tour groups. I had the etouffee which was not seasoned very well and lukewarm. My husband had a steak with crabmeat which he said was good but not great. We were seated by a window which has on the outside an annoying security light that would come on whenever someone walked by-with the tour groups, that was frequently! The atmosphere was disappointing, lights very bright, some tables had candles and flowers for ambience and some (like ours) did not. All in all a bit of disappointment but perhaps on a less busy night the food might be better. I don't think we'll be be back to find out though.

1  Thank Bethany B
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the shrimp etoufee and was disappointed as it wasn't very flavorful as I had expected it to be considering it was made in Louisiana.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food (Gumbo) was excellent and the atmosphere GREAT ! The staff there was very knowledgeable and kind. Could not have asked for a better staff.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eaten here twice. Both times while staying at the Myrtles Plantation. The first time was regular dinner service and my meal was wonderful. It had pretty presentation and good flavor. Their bread pudding is awesome! The second time was mother's day and they had a brunch buffett. The food was still good and the service was great. The wait staff was so friendly and attentive. We will definitly go back the next time we stay at The myrtles.