“They make good pizza in Louisiana, too”
Review of Sonny's Pizza

Sonny's Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We're Chicagoans so we're very particular and snooty about pizza. We don't think anyone makes it better that we do. I'm not talking about deep dish, which is Chicago's pride and joy. I'm talking thin crust with cheese and lots of sausage. Eat your heart out, New York. So whenever we travel, especially in Florida or Colorado, we are leery of ordering local pizza. So it was when we recently visited St. Francisville, Louisiana. But Sonny's Pizza has a statewide reputation (four restaurants) so we decided to give it a try. The pizza was wonderful, every bit as enjoyable as Bella Luna or Malnati's in Chicago. We couldn't have been more pleased. Fresh crust, homemade sauce, straight out of the Little Italy neighborhood on Chicago's near West Side.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

On May 12th 2013 my parents and I visited Sonny's Pizza while staying at The Myrtles Plantation. The staff was attentive and sweet and the we ordered the breadsticks and Taco Pizza which were out of this world!! I would definatly go again!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you go to Sonny's pizza, the first thing you wanna order would be pizza, right? WRONG! Get the rodeo burger!!!! It's a huge burger with purple onions, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and BARBEQUE SAUCE! Don't get me wrong, their pizza is great, but their burgers are even better!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Yes, it was pizza... and they had beer. Atmosphere was okay. They do NOT accept American Express (my corporate card). Not bad, just not exceptional in any way.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went to the Myrtles Plantation and couldn't find a place that looked halfway decent and was open for dinner. Settled for basically the only place that was open - Sonny's. Roast beef au jus was very salty, my husband had a burger that like he said ' it was food '. Not much of an endorsement. Took a slice of their carrot cake to go - not bad. Service was excellent, too bad food could keep up with it.