“OMG !”
Review of Shadetree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Francisville
Shadetree Inn
“OMG !”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

By the time my husband and I arrived at Shadetree Inn, we had already stayed at what we thought were the best B& B's in Louisiana and Natchez Mississippi . To our surprise nothing could prepare us for the beauty we experienced at Shadetree Inn . This is Gods country . So peaceful and serene . I am so glad that we saved this place as our last stop on our trip. Wow ! what a experience ! Thank you KW for sharing .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stuart G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York city
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel extensively. I never expected this . Shadetree Inn is as good as it gets. I will return soon. It is a bird lovers paradise. The setting is profoundly peaceful. I stayed in the sun porch room. Super comfortable and quiet

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank thirdavenue11
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Another review Shadetree Inn stated that they didn't know if they should tell anyone about this place because they had wanted it all to themselves. I agree wholeheartedly. The moment we pulled up we fell in love with this rustic Heaven.

I had made our reservation with KW over the phone. He was very polite and helped me pick out the perfect room! At that time he asked what cocktails we would like ready in our room and took payment arrangements then.

When we drove up the hilly driveway the anticipation of seeing the rest of the property overtook us! We stayed in the loft, per KW's suggestion, and we couldn't have been happier. The loft has a cabin, rustic yet eclectic charm to it. We were welcomed to a clean room with a king size bed, a couch with great reading material available and a bathroom with a clawfoot tub. The tub has a shower head attached to the tub but it is not a shower. There were plenty of towels and rags and bath salts were a nice touch as well.

There were these cookies in our room that were divine. I must say they were the best cookies I have ever had and I have craved them since we left. My husband was upset because I ate them all! The breakfast provided was from the bread category, muffins/breads/english muffins. When we stay again we will do the "no-frills" rate and have breakfast down at the Birdman. The breakfast provided was good...but the Birdman has some really good food.

Our loft had a balcony that had a great view of the beautiful garden that is LOADED with blooms. These blooms attracted many hummingbirds and that was a real treat to watch. The property has many large bird feeders that are full of food. There was 2 situated near our balcony and it always had birds eating from it. The property is 3 or 4 acres and sits on top of a hill. Down the hill KW puts deer feed at the bottom. That was my favorite, deer watching. There is also a swamp once you go down the hill and keep on going! We went to see the swamp and was greeted by a hog. While we are country-folks we knew to leave immediately...I only want to state this so people are aware that this is the country and there is wildlife out here!

The rope swing was a nice touch, or a "cheap thrill" as KW called it! There is a fire pit that we would love to have gotten to play in, but we visited in August and it was very, very hot. We will visit when it is much cooler.

All in all we had a spectacular time. We cannot wait to go back and we both fell in love with Shadetree and Mr. KW. Such a great host!

Can't wait for our next trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft and it was very private, plus has a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I loved staying at the Shady Tree Inn in St Francisville. I chose to sleep in the loft (it felt like a tree house to me :) and I think I chose wisely. This place was amazing. I loved being surrounded by wood, swinging in the hammock or the porch swing with a good book, or just enjoying the amazing view. I never ventured into town because I figured it didn't get any better than this! The champagne, the pastry, and breakfast... were all wonderful. If you are anywhere in the area, do yourself a favor and stay at the Shady Tree!

Room Tip: The loft was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Kkennedy4
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night and we really enjoyed ourselves. KW is such a wonderful host. He loaned us a grill and some firewood so we could have our own little private fire in the woods and it was so much fun. We stayed in the Gardener's Cottage and the owner's have put a lot of thought into providing everything you might need. From bath salts for the wonderfully huge jucuzzi tub to candles, matches and a welcoming dip in the fridge. We could only spend one night, but I'm sure we will be returning soon.

Room Tip: Gardener's cottage is the most secluded, but the grounds are just oozing charm, so I feel sure t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank karen b
SF Bay Area
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is truly a place to relax and enjoy your surroundings. The rustic beauty and comfort were even better than we expected. There are so many birds enjoying the many feeders that K.W. keeps well stocked with seed and hummingbird nectar. We stayed in the loft, which was spacious yet cozy, and has a really comfortable bed. The little porch outside was a nice place to sit and enjoy a drink even when it was raining. The decor of the outside of the buildings and the gardens is eclectic and delightful. K.W. was a great host and such fun to talk with. His cats and dog add to the ambiance without being any sort of nuisance. We enjoyed the campfire that K.W. sets up for guests to light and use as they like.The guest guide to area attractions and restaurants was quite useful and informative. I really wish we had more than just two nights at Shadetree. You feel like you are way out in the country, but you are close to the little town--sort of the best of both worlds.

Room Tip: We loved the loft, but I'm sure the other rooms are wonderful too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChickyLu
EllenKennon, Owner at Shadetree Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and see us again sometime soon!

KW Kennon
baton rouge
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've stayed in B&Bs in the past but one thing I feel like is missing is an attention to detail, atmosphere, and design. This inn was amazingly detail oriented. The coloring of the rooms, from the walls to the curtains, all contributed to a soothing, calming space. It almost reminded me of a calming yoga studio, except with beautiful furniture and a big jacuzzi tub. Oh the bathroom! It was small and was darkly lit (in the best possible way) and very clean. I wanted to stay in the jacuzzi tub all day. The jacuzzi tub was amazing and the little details in the bathroom (and in the rest of the inn) was what it made it worth the money. For example, some of the soap sat on a wooden perch that was anchored to the wall above the sink.

There were many, many candles and matches left out for your use and K.W. left muffins, cookies, yogurt, popcorn, coffee, milk, orange juice, water, cocktail of our choice (and he left us enough for a night- not just 2 little drinks), english muffins, butter, and jam!

The front sitting room/kitchen had great, big beautiful windows that had a view of royal st. which was right down the hill. The 'backyard' actually sat on a hill and included tons of birds, a fire he sets up for the 3 rooms, a meditation bench and if you keep walking down the valley you'll reach the old train tracks. We walked on the now grass covered 'tracks' until we reached a historic area of st. francisville. beautiful!!!

After traveling all over the world, this place was definitely special.

Room Tip: The Sun Porch wasn't a private, detached space like the gardeners cottage but it had an intimate...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jennifer a
EllenKennon, Owner at Shadetree Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at Shadetree! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and let others know about all of our amenities! We enjoyed having you and hope you'll come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Francisville
The Hotel Francis
The Hotel Francis
#3 of 3 in Saint Francisville
Best Western St. Francisville Hotel
Best Western St. Francisville Ho...
#1 of 3 in Saint Francisville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Zachary
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge North
Best Western Zachary Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport

Been to Shadetree Inn? Share your experiences!