“Awesome history”
Review of Oakley Plantation

Oakley Plantation
Reviewed December 8, 2014

There is so much history on this property. The tools, slave houses, everything was just incredible to see. My children enjoyed it as well.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"movie"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2014

My mother and I make a trip touring plantations in South Louisiana each year and I have to say that Oakley Plantation has been the absolute best to date. We have toured at least 35 and this is still my favorite. Funny thing is that when we planned our trip to St. Francisville we had never heard or Oakley house. We were going there for the (over-rated) Myrtles plantation. We stumbled upon this jewel quite by accident. The price for the tour was AMAZING! Tour guide was incredibly friendly and knowledgable. I had my 4 year old daughter with me and she was even kept intrigued. Each and every time I hear of someone going to St. Francisville I suggest taking this tour. Soooo worth it! I will be a return visitor!

2  Thank AleahsMom
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Really enjoyed the history. House was nice and the park guy did a great job. The grounds were also beautiful.

1  Thank Bayousue
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our tour guide was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions easily. The house was beautiful and contained some of Audubon's original prints. Worth the $8 to tour the house and the grounds.

1  Thank Danielle M