“Yes I drove from New Orleans just to say I came here.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Myrtles Plantation

The Myrtles Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience antebellum splendor in this circa 1796 National Historic Register plantation home renowned for its mystery, history and intrigue.
Colton, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Yes I drove from New Orleans just to say I came here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Call me weird or bazaar but when this close you have to check it to say you've been there!! Ok the tour was interesting but it could have been better if you would have told me before we had left the area where the stairs that the owner of the house was shot and died crawling up them!! Maybe that's on the haunted evening tour?? Anyhoo I did it, I can say I've been here!!!!!!!

Visited November 2013

Saint Francisville, Louisiana
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“ghostly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Well ghostly isn't a word but it would describe the chills you get from staying at the Mrytles overnight. There are things that go bump in the night , especially in the main house (General Bradford room). And if you can sleep in the slave quarters cabin, look out the window about 3am and if "she" has legs or is "she" floating? You be the judge. Truly an eye opening(all night) experience....

Visited January 2013
Opp, Alabama
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Taking a walk back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The tour was shorter than i remember before, and wasnt as impressed this time as my first time many years ago. Went with friends that wanted to hear a good ghost story, and see the most haunted plantation in america. Tour guide was very knowledgeable as usual but seemed rushed. Still love the plantation itself, as well as the grounds, cabins that can be rented, and the restaurant there. No internet, radio, or tv, just quiet, and maybe a couple of spirits wondering around. Best time to take tour is Halloween night.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank camille1919
Bedford, Texas
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Walking with ghosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

It is said that the Myrtles Plantation is on of America's most haunted homes. It has been featured in many TV reality shows searching for ghosts. OK...we did not see one but then we did tour the house during the day. Our guide was very informative and share a lot of the history of the house with us...good and bad. It is said that Chole one of the main ghosts like s to take women's hoop earrings...so I made sure I had both of mine when we left th house.The cafe was closed the day we visited. Cabins have been built on the property and The Myrtles is a working B&B. Mystery tours are held most Fri and Sat evenings. The gift shop is small but very nice. The T-shirt for The Myrtles features a Casper like ghost on it....very cute. The view of the house from the front is lovely.

Visited October 2013
Walworth, Wisconsin
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The tour was abbreviated and scripted, but the mansion is beautiful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Toured during the day. The house and grounds are indeed spooky, but some of the stories such as the mortgage being in the stair post were debunked at the Myrtles. A worker was the creepiest who spoke to us. Did not stay over, and experienced no unusual vibes.

Visited June 2013