“A must see!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Myrtles Plantation

The Myrtles Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience antebellum splendor in this circa 1796 National Historic Register plantation home renowned for its mystery, history and intrigue.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide was so friendly and knowledgeable of all the history of this plantation. She knew the ghost stories inside and out. She let us take our time nosing around and didn't rush us through. Answered all our questions. Best plantation we went to. Wish we could have stayed in one of the rooms. We drove an hour out of our way to tour and it was well worth it. $8 admission I thought was a little high for what we got to see.

1 Thank sheenaann1984

Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Very Commercial”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a very entertaining guide but the house is also a B&B, and restaurant so some parts could not be seen. The house is not in the best of condition. The grounds are not that interesting. We wouldn't recommend this location.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank 2008floridatraveler
Louisiana
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Intriging”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is nestled among large beautiful oak trees. I went on a cold and rainy day which made it even more creepy. Inside this home is beautiful. The story behind it all is so sad. The staff are friendly and so are the ghost, so they claim. I loved walking the grounds and snapping photos, in hope to capture one of the images that haunt this place. Loved it!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank bayougirl68
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband , Larry and I did our research for a year before coming here. Glad we did. The history says it all. The grounds are so well kept. I can't wait to go back. On the tour, I was pushed, it felt as if I was being pushed down , on the porch. How embarrassing . I played it off, said I had 1 to many Margaritas.
I left my cell phone in our little cabin room there during dinner and tour time. Left it on the charger, as it had no remaining battery life and it was turned off. Once returning back to our room 2 1/2 hours later it take me long to realize that not only was the cell phone it was on the Internet . On the very risqué web site. That was weird. Scary to think was someone in our room? No it was a creepy ghost. Who else's knows the pass code to my phone? Just me. ! Who else's had a key to our room ? Just us. So I swear it was a spirt in our room. I love it. Will be back.

2 Thank Lucywitt72
Brazoria, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spooky Creepy Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Loved it. I came home with 5 photo's of entities, too many orb photos to list, two EVP's and many goosebumps. I'm still reviewing my many photos of the haunted mirror, I'm sure I have more evidence in those.

However, if you are not going to the Myrtles to ghost hunt, I don't know that I'd go. The General Bradford Suite was sweet for us. But, there were many condition issues. The corner shower was meant to have a door. However the door was broken and had been replaced by a curtain that didn't stop water from going all over the tiny bathroom floor. You need to be 5'4" to get your head under the shower head comfortably. You are not allowed to drink anything but water in the suite or eat at all the room. You have to go outside just to sip soda. We didn't mind because we were constantly recording and you often get the "good" stuff when you're not looking.

The mattress was rock hard. The room was not in great repair. There was a hole in the ceiling through which I could see electrical wiring. The fireplaces have water issues and are pulling away from the walls. The antique furniture is broken in some way, which explains why you can actually sit on it, but then you're worried about sitting on it cause it's broken!

I'm nitpicking the room so you don't think it's going to be perfect. I plan on going back and staying in every room. I enjoyed myself so much. The staff was wonderful. The grounds and courtyard are terrific. I was impressed with the correctness of the plantings and walkways. I loved, loved, loved the General Bradford Suite and thought it was worth every penny. I got what I paid for. Ghosts and orbs and goosebumps!

Can you spend the night at the Myrtles Plantation? I dare you!

Visited December 2012