“Capt. Devin and Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures”

Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: The address provided is the address of the marina we meet our customers at.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Capt. Devin runs a first class operation and is great with kids. My son (10 yrs old) and I went with Capt. Devin in early August. The conditions were not favorable at all as the wind was blowing 15-20 and the typical early morning August thunderstorms were all over the sound. Capt, Devin navigated us around the storms and kept putting us near lee shorelines to make casting easy. After several stops we did not have a fish in the boat but the Captain's confidence was undeterred. We then pulled up to a HOT SPOT and proceeded to catch 75 specks and 50 white trout. All the while Capt. Devin was working with my son teaching him how to cast better, reel fish in better, and get them into the boat. More storms were popping up so we headed in with an ice chest full of fish and a whole lot more work for the Capt. as he he fillets the fish for you when you return. My son had a great time, learned a lot, and still talks about Capt. Devin and the great time we had fishing with him. I highly recommend Capt. Devin of Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

As a guy who loves to fish... and was about to get married... I found myself trying to figure out the best way ensure that I would still have plenty of time to get on the water, and catch some fish.... with out the risk of being put in the dog house every time I wanted to get out on the boat.

The solution I came up with was to teach my bride to fish... And with myself not being the most "patient" teacher, I knew I needed to enlist the help of a professional.

I ended up booking with Captain Devin of Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures this fall... and I couldn't be more pleased. We got out on the water just as the sun was coming up and made it out to our first spot after a beautiful and quick ride.

We were on the fish so fast, it was ridiculous... My wife was having a blast. We limited out with about 75 trout in somewhere around 2 hours... And these were not 12 inch trout... I'll tell you, that was a lot of reeling... And Capt Devin was great... if my wife didn't have one on the pole or had a bad cast, he'd be right behind her throwing out a second line then saying "SWITCH!" She caught about 45-50 of the fish... she got into it and was talking some smack... it was great.

She is all about it now... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I've fished with a few other guides in the area, some very well known, some not... Capt Devin was by far the best experience... Not because we packed the icechest and ended up with the best catch I've ever had... but because Capt Devin is enthusiastic about what he does, and is willing and eager to teach people. You don't get short one or two word answers to questions when you are trying to learn... as if every little thing from the size of weights to how you tie on your lure is a life or death trade secret.

Capt Devin works hard, and is a great ambassador for our sportsman's paradise. I highly recommend fishing with him

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have fished with Captain Devin twice now, and I learned that I am terrible at picking days to take a charter. Both days were the worst possible conditions - bad weather rolling in, large seas, dirty water, no tide movement. Right from the beginning, Captain Devin had a plan. He was determined that my group and I had a great time and caught plenty of fish. Both times we stayed out all day until the box was full.

More than that, Devin has personality and makes the trip enjoyable. I've chartered with guys who are just old and crusty who don't say much and almost seem offended if you aren't experienced. Devin is entertaining and has experience and advise to give. Instead of it being a good day catching fish, it becomes a great day over all.

I highly recommend Captain Devin and Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures and I plan to use him again in the future. I am also hoping to bring my wife and my kids with him as I am comfortable with his level of knowledge and safety around my family.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This is actually my second review for Swamp Stallion Adventures. We had such a good time our first trip we actually booked trips for July and Sept. My guys went in July and had quite the day out running storms, but in the end still managed to catch trout. Thanks to Cpt Devins determination! They had a GREAT time. Unfortunately our Sept trip was ruined by Isaac. We plan to reschedule. Cpt Devin is all about the experience for his customers. If you want to catch fish, get stories on the area and have a great time, book with Cpt Devin

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Captain Devin will work hard to put you on the fish. They were biting slow but persistence paid off. We caught 20 specs and had a great time. My kids fished till they were worn out. We blackened about a quarter of the catch!!! Nothing like fresh specks.

Thanks Devin for making a great memory for me on spring break with my family.

Richard Price MD

Devin D, Owner at Swamp Stallion Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Richard, thanks for the great review! Means the world to me! Fishing with you and your wife, Olivia, Joseph and Nicholas was like fishing with family. I'd be more than happy to have yall again!