“Two times not a charm”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
“Two times not a charm”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ruston 2 times. You would have thought I would have learned after the first stay. I booked using the Hampton's pre-pay sight. The first time they charged me after I left, even though it was pre-paid. After a about a week, I got them to back off the charge, and another week after that the money was re-deposited into my account. Then I stayed here again (for my daughter's wedding no less). Again the room was pre-paid, and upon checking in I verified with them that they had it as pre-paid. Again, they double charged me! The hotel is only average at best, so to go through this type of headache to stay there! Never again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The room was spacious and very clean. A/C worked great and the king sized bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was fresh, typical continental type fare. The hotel staff were all professional, helpful and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dale L
dallas tx, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

bugs in carpet and my legs started to itch. Asked to be moved to a different room, which they did. the next day I had red spots on my feet and legs and still have some spots today 8/22/13 and they itch. I was very disappointed to have this experience at a Hampton Inn

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stopped here after a long crowded drive back from the beach in Gulf Shores, AL. The front desk staff (a young Asian man) was an absolute delight, and welcomed us like we were family. Later, he offered bottled water to us and recited the list of breakfast menu items in a well-practiced and entertaining way (we were impressed!). Rooms were clean, quiet and nice, although not especially large. Good price and also next to a fun Mexican restaurant (getting ready for some Saturday night karaokee!). Lots of little kids in the indoor pool, but if we had not just had lots of water time, we might have still gone in. Breakfast was good and hot and re-filled quickly. Easy and pleasant check-in and check-out. We love the Sleep Inn in Ruston (have stayed there three times), but this place gives it a run for its money!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had an incredibly poor experience that lasted over several months with this hotel. I have learned that the manager causing my difficulties is no longer at that property, HHonors and the interim manager both reached out to me, and have help to rectify the issues that we had. Unfortunately, I have experienced this at more and more Hampton Inn's in recent months, which is very disappointing to me as a HHonors member. I choose Hampton because it is part of the Hilton Family and allows me Frequent Traveler perks, but have been feeling that, if I weren't so invested, I might try to find another family of hotels.

That being said, the property itself is a "middle age" Hampton Inn, with some upgrades, but not compared to the newest construction and remodels. I found the carpet to be noticeably dirty feeling on my feet. The hotel was at 100% occupancy due to a Dixie league baseball tournament, and I did not partake of the breakfast. Since I stayed at this property prior to my wedding, and have family in the area, it is very unlikely that I would lodge here again. I would also be reserved in recommending it to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DSFMEC
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

W had very clean rooms. The front desk service was very good. They were polite and accomodating. Coffee and Tea with some fruit available all day. The breakfast buffet was OK (fruit juices, yogurt, waffle maker, pastries, usually some sort of egg and meathot buffet). Decent pricing. Located right off I-20 near Louisiana Tech Campus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark M
Forney, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I frequently stay at this hotel when traveling because of the overall friendliness of the staff, location, rate and just the overall atmosphere of feeling like I am someone special. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling along this route.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business