“could be better”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
hickory, United States
“could be better”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Although checking in was fast and easy,staff did not seem like they want to help and when i asked about adding a secound night one of my rooms i was told the property was sold out when in truth it was not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

angela65Ruston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ruston, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Ms. Ana K,
We appreciate your feedback and would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to leave Hampton Inn a review on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to read that your recent visit was less than satisfactory due to your interaction with the Front Desk Agent. Your review will be used as a coaching tool for the hotel staff. Please accept my apology regarding your stay and my hope is that you will return to the property.

Respectfully,
Angela Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The front clerk had my reservation pulled up within seconds and made sure I received my Hilton honors points for the stay. The staff was amazing. The room was spacious and very clean. A/C worked great and the king sized bed was super comfortable. The continental breakfast was fresh, typical continental type fare.

This is where we will stay when we visit our relatives in Ruston.

Pleased!

Room Tip: I always check AAA and Trip Advisor reviews before booking a room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy S
angela65Ruston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ruston, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and the hotel’s high quality. This sets us apart from our competitors. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts in excellent customer service.
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn.

El Dorado, AR, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I will make this my "go to" hotel when staying in Ruston, La. Two things are very important to me during a stay away from home: 1) Cleanliness 2) Comfort. I found both at this hotel along with a very accomodating and friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Ms. Sabrena
It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your visit to Ruston, LA. We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds, and clean rooms. We look forward to your return which we hope is soon!

Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Friendly staff, very helpful in locating a place for dinner. The room was the usual clean, quiet, and comfortable. Although this place is fairly close to I20, there was no road noise. It was a little tricky getting around the roads (you could hit the Walgreens with a decent NFL pass, but it took a bit of driving to get there), but we got it straight. Breakfast was only average. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
angela65Ruston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ruston, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us. The Hampton Inn staff was very happy to read your positive review. As the General Manager, it makes your review even more important to me to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I want to personally thank Caylan, the manager, for his attentiveness during our stay. The staff was very personable and friendly. Breakfast was decent and we never met a need that wasn't met. Thanks Hampton for making our stay in Ruston absolutely pleasurable!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for confirming that our focus on providing excellent service is working and is wide spread throughout the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels brings you back to Northeast Louisiana.
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

House keeping between 4:30 and 5:30 pm unacceptable. When they showed up they were always trying to skip room. Twice had to chase down when they forgot coffee. Carpet cleaning without proper ventilation and breakfast selection and quality poor. Staff exhibited no desire to be there or assist with the guest. Almost like they were doing you a favor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very sorry that your expectations were not met. Please accept my heartfelt apology for the issues you experienced and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Ruston, LA.

Respectfully,
Owasso, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel stay was free due to reward points earned. Was greeted at door with free gummy worms, waters, and chocolate for my kids and they loved it! My husband loved the personal note left in the room for him, and I loved the note letting us know that the duvets were cleaned for us. (Moms always assume they are never cleaned.) Breakfast was yummy and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. All staff greeted us with hellos every time. Overall very impressed with the service! Would definitely stay there again. And I used to be an HR manager for a Hilton Garden Inn, so I know what to look for and they nailed it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

angela65Ruston, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ruston, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Mr. Charles,
As the General Manger of the Hampton Inn you have no idea how pleased I am that the staff made such a positive impression on you and your family. I hope that you will stop by the hotel to say hello the next time that you are staying in the Ruston area. Your positive feedback is the reason why we strive to provide excellent service.