“Excellent stay”
Review of Days Inn Ruston LA

Days Inn Ruston LA
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Ruston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oakland
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located close to the main highway and we were able to get to Grambling for my daughters graduation easily. This is the only poisitive thing I can say about this hotel. Our tub clogged while we showered and the heating/cooling system was not fully functioning. I reported both things to managemnt early Thursday morning the half hearted response was late Friday night; the issue was moot at this point as I was checking out before 5am the next morning. When we checked in I asked a very clear question "Will you be charging the total balance to my card now?"; to which the desk person said "Oh no we only charged one night you have until the end of your stay to decide how you want to pay." Imagine my surprise to find the total charged to my card on the first day of my stay. Awfully presumptious to assume I would be there the whole time. It wasn't that I couldnt pay for my stay I just prefer to have jurisdiction as to how its paid. finally the housekeeping staff could not make my bed because I had left 3 clothes hangers on the bed! Wow! thats a first for me. The hotel can redeem itself by being more forthcoming with its policies to customers. Creditability is important when spending your money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our Non-smoking room smelled horribly of smoke. They obviously just slapped up a non-smoking sign in a former smoking room that they didn't bother to overhaul. It was so bad that all of my clothes smelled of smoke when I left. Yuk! This was the only problem with the motel. Otherwise, it has been updated and was clean. The front desk workers were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to "smell" the room before you accept it.