“Review”
Review of Days Inn Ruston LA

Days Inn Ruston LA
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ruston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boutte, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My father and I and our two small dogs were forced to evacuate our home in St Charles Parish for Hurricane Issac on Aug 27, 2012. We arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon and found our room ready for our arrival. It was neat, clean and as advertised. The staff was very polite, helpful and friendly and seemed eager to please. The cleaning staff was excellent even though we didn't ask for daily service. The front desk also made changes to extend our stay when the storm refused to move on after a day or so. We found the breakfast offering far beyond what we expected and if you went early it was well stocked. The wifi in our room was the best I have found in any hotel I have ever stayed. Which was a life saver in keeping up with local news via the internet. The pool was clean and in beautiful condition even though we didn't use it. If I had any complaints at all it was the distance we had to walk to take our pets for their potty breaks. The only green area is in front of the hotel next to the service road and access is difficult if you are disabled. My suggestion would be for the hotel to give up one of the islands in the parking area and remove the shrubs and plant grass. There is a doorway to the rear of the hotel that is open in the early morning which is perfect for a pet area but cannot be left open at night due to security reasons, which we understood. There are also several restaurants near by as well as a Walmart. This will now be our "go to location" should another evacuation be ordered. Thank you to the owners and staff of Days Inn Ruston for making a very tense time as comfortable as could be.

Room Tip: If you have a pet be prepared to take them to the very front of the hotel near the service road. It...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked great. The hotel was noisy during the day because of the Interstate traffic but much quieter at night. Remodeled? no. The room was painted but the furniture was old and I wouldn't have dared slept on the pull out couch. If traveling with children, I would bring cereal and milk, the breakfast lacks a lot.

Room Tip: We had a king room on the farthest right corner facing the hotel not the Interstate. Air conditione...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank J W
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We stopped because the price was right: $60+ and pet-friendly. However, after a long day on the road and a 6 year old needing to blow off some steam, the place didn't seem comfortable to me. My husband went inside the lobby and thought it seemed fine, clean, and friendly. However, knowing it would just be my son and I in the pool that evening, I just didn't feel safe/comfortable. The pool is in the middle of the parking lot, on the interstate side. Lots of workers around and work trucks. It is a motel with outdoor entrances to rooms.

Opted to spend a bit more and go across the road.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LAPandfam
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Our stay was very pleasant. The remodeled rooms are comfortable. Although a large crowd of travelers were there with children, it was not noisy at all, even though our room faced the parking lot and near the office. The complimentary breakfast was very good. I recommend people stay here while traveling through Ruston, LA.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Austin
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stay at the Days Inn Ruston once a month on business and of all the places I stay, this Hotel is tops. I stay at quite a few each month and only The Days Inn Ruston treats me as family and not like just another paying guest. The staff is very professional from the time I check in to when I depart. I can not says that of other hotels I stay at. If I need anything, the staff is willing to help with no question. The rooms are all updated and always smell clean, which is very important to me. I always recommend this Hotel to my friends and family! This Days Inn rates a "10" in my book!
Gary B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GDB_12
Houston
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I enjoyed my stay the staff was polite. I will return It was close to the BB Field (Great Price) My room was clean and had no burn marks .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family