“Good food and service, but nothing to get overly excited about”

Log Cabin Mesquite Grill
Ranked #1 of 101 Restaurants in Ruston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This Ruston favorite offers everything from a hand cut 22oz Ribeye to Tex-Mex, BBQ, specialty sandwiches and some of the area's best fajita dinners! Our most recent addition is the Cabin's Market filled with our favorite Cabin and Ponchatoulas' dishes prepared to take and bake! So, dine in, carry out or pick-up prepared sides and meats ready to heat and serve. There's something for everyone in the family with daily kids specials, as well as a special family night where the kids can get free balloon animals, and see table-side entertainment from our very own magician on Thursday night! Log Cabin is more than the regular family dining spot. We take great pride in providing to those in our community who have supported us over the years. Be a part of our fundraiser program and help us give back!
covington, GA
“Good food and service, but nothing to get overly excited about”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Parking lot needs help, lot of holes, not paved, graveled. Service was slow but waitress did a great job with us. Food was okay - chef salad and chopped steak for us. Lot of mesquite offerings. Only reason we went here was because it was so close to the hotel. Normally when I see a parking lot like this, it tells me the ownership doesn't have a lot of pride in their presentation.

• Visited May 2013

Brandon, MS
“Great Local Spot”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food here was wonderful and the service was just as good!! If you go try their BBQ dip, oh sooo good!!!

Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, TX
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great little place to stop for bite if you are near Ruston. I had the shrimp Po Boy and it was very good. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and just popped! My wife's said her grilled shrimp salad was also delicious. Cheap $1.75 bottles of suds were another plus.

Tasty food and friendly service make this a spot you should check out!

• Visited April 2013
Tylertown, Mississippi
“Good place. Give it a try.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Four of us tried this based on what we read on here. We all tried something different and all were good. I had the chicken fried steak and it was prepared perfectly and very tasty. My wife had the hamburger steak and I must admit it was better than mine. Our friends had the mushroom burger and the BBQ plate. Was impressed with the food and service. The thing that seemed sort of cheap to me was that I asked for some gravy for my fries and promptly brought me a small container. No problem, right? They charged me for it!! 50 cents which was not a big deal but its never happened before anywhere I've been. It's a great place to eat. Give it a try.

Ruston, Louisiana
“best hand breaded shrimp”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

always good food next to Rabbs and Logans it is my fav. restaurant oh and most awesome tortilla chips we always take some to go

• Visited May 2012