“Looks like a dump, but..............”

Log Cabin Mesquite Grill
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Ruston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This Ruston favorite offers everything from a hand cut 22oz Ribeye to Tex-Mex, BBQ, specialty sandwiches and some of the area's best fajita dinners! Our most recent addition is the Cabin's Market filled with our favorite Cabin and Ponchatoulas' dishes prepared to take and bake! So, dine in, carry out or pick-up prepared sides and meats ready to heat and serve. There's something for everyone in the family with daily kids specials, as well as a special family night where the kids can get free balloon animals, and see table-side entertainment from our very own magician on Thursday night! Log Cabin is more than the regular family dining spot. We take great pride in providing to those in our community who have supported us over the years. Be a part of our fundraiser program and help us give back!
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stumbled in this roadside place on our way through Louisiana. It was the tail end of lunch hour and the place was packed with locals. The food way terrific. I had the corn/crab chowder. So tasty and rich! I also had the shrimp wrap. It was loaded with plumbgulf shrimp that were flavored just right. My wife had a Bar-B-Que beef sandwich with a salad. The greens were fresh and the beef was tender and tasty. The sevice was prompt and friendly. The bill was $21.17. It included tax, but not a tip, as a prior reviewer mentioned.

There are newer reviews for Log Cabin Mesquite Grill

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We ate at the Log Cabin recently, and my credit card was overcharged. An automatic gratuity was added to my bill which I changed because of the service (had to wait 15 min. for a take out tray, among other things). However, when I got my credit card bill, they charged my card for the entire amount, an amount I did not authorize. Although it was only $3 or so, that is just bad business. The food was way overpriced and just not that good.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us, and they weren't wrong. I had the loaded hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was delicious. My husband had a BBQ plate which he enjoyed. The waitress was really friendly and helpful. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate at the suggestion of our Innkeeper at the Lewis House. My husband swears this is the best chicken fried steak he has ever had in his life. I thought Texas had that honor!!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped in Ruston for the night after driving all day. Being a Sunday eve, we had trouble finding a place in town that was open. The Log Cabin was not our first choice, but turned out to be a perfect stop for my husband, our 6 year old, and me!

It is listed as BBQ, but actually has a great variety of choices! We had side salads with chicken strips, and our son had a cheese buger. The portions were large! We had a Louisiana Tech biology student wait on us, and she was a doll! We couldn't have asked for better service! After driving around, looking for some of the other places listed on Trip Advisor, this one happened to be right across the road from the hotel. Super easy to find!

It was the perfect stop for us!

Been to Log Cabin Mesquite Grill? Share your experiences!