“A very good stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Reviewed December 28, 2009

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable so that I had some wonderful reccomendations on where to eat where to find places. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. There was a breakfast that offered a good variety

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 11, 2009

I stay in a lot of hotels during the year and it is so nice to find a place that you are made to feel welcome upon arrival. The staff is professional and very friendly. I have enjoyed staying in this hotel.
The suite is designed to be comfortable as well as provide for my business needs.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MississippiLandman
Reviewed April 13, 2009

This Sleep Inn and Suites can be seen from I-20 on 167 north and service road.

Only complaint, with the exception of the nice woman working in the breakfast area when we were there. After attempting light conversation, most of the staff during our stay held their nose in the air (which I believe is 'highly contagious" in this part of North Louisiana) as if they were in competition to see who could hold their nose in the air the longest. What happen to good ole southern hospitality?

On another note, housekeeping kept our room nice and tidy. Front desk gave us more coffee when needed. Our room was average size with 2 comfortable queen size beds, a desk with office chair, mini refrigerator, microwave, iron, and ironing board. We had plenty of bath towels and wash cloths for my party of four, including me. There was a hairdryer and coffee maker in the bathroom. Also, our bathroom had travel size soap, shampoo, conditioner etc. The breakfast area was clean. There was a variety of breakfast food choices to choose from. Biscuits, white gravy, waffles you make yourself, muffins, grits you make yourself, oranges, cereal, etc. The indoor pool was nice and clean. The hot tub temperature was perfect. The parking lot was clean. I didn't hear any noise in our room during the night from anyone out in the hallway, above us, in the rooms beside us, and on the outside of the building on the ground (bottom) floor. As long as Sleep Inn and Suites stays there and continues to stay in almost tip top condition, I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed January 18, 2008

We decided to stay there on our way to Oklahoma. Have never stayed at a Sleep Inn before. The staff was great, the hotel was excellent. No smoking anywhere, a plus for me. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows great. The heated indoor pool, as well as the jaccuzi was a welcomed plus for me and my son. My son used the exercise room and liked it even though it is limited in size and equipment. The continental breakfast was very nice compared to some places I have stayed in. I would definitely recommend this hotel. My family and I loved it and will be trying other Sleep Inns again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank henryher
Reviewed December 22, 2007

I stayed at Sleep Inn while in town for the Grambling Homecoming and this staff was pushed to the limits - I know because Alumni's of any College are demanding mainly during homecoming with parties, reunions and etc. This staff went way above and beyond the boundries to make sure everyone had a great time. All I can say is if anyone ever has a bad experience at this hotel it would be because you were expecting to have a bad experiance and made it bad on your own.
Keep up the GREAT WORK! I will see you guys next year for homecoming.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank JBaum
Reviewed November 12, 2007

After reading the two excellent reviews I decided to break my own rule and give this Sleep Inn a try. I stayed in HIE while in Ruston in the spring and loved it. But since the reviews where so nice I took a chance. Wrong choice. Not a big one, but one nonetheless.
The place is nice as it is new, but I had the following issues:
I asked for a quit room in the corner on the upper floor. The first room I got was on the top floor, but next to ice dispenser and facing the freeway. I asked for a different room and got one on the floor below, across the hall from the ice dispenser and away from freeway. Not much better, but I took it. Unfortunately, the check in clerk would not give me keys to both rooms at the same time and as such I was running up and down several times. Ridiculous, but I was too tired to complain after driving 1K miles that day. Also, every time I went down I had to ring a bell and wait for him to appear. This was at 5PM. Felt like I was bothering someone. Not good.
The room itself was OK, but could be cleaner. Finger prints on the lamps and hair in the bathtub was not what I expected. Also the automated fan in the bathroom was loud and went on every time I was in the bathroom, even though I was told it only goes on when it detects steam from the shower. You can turn it off manually, but shorter people may need a chair.
The soundproofing is poor as I could hear people walking upstairs. Luckily I was so exhausted they woke me up only twice that night.
The room door would not lock properly and the only way to close it was to slam it hard. Not my idea of being courteous to other guests, but I had no choice.
The plasma HDTV was horrible (I think there was something wrong the one in my room), but the inn offers no HD channels. What’s the point?
The gym is nice, but the pool was in need of attentions as ugly foam formed in it.
The breakfast was very average; not bad, but nothing to rave about.
The bed was very nice and the highlight of the stay. The pillows were great.
When checking in I used GC, but unfortunately it did not show on my bill. Lucky for me they were able to contact the person whom I gave it to the previous day and found it, otherwise I do not know what would happen.
Is this a bad place to stay? No, not at all. If this place would be the worst place I ever stay in I will do just fine. But there is nicer place in Ruston and I do not plan to check the Fairfield Inn, though new as well, next time I am in the area. Will not break my rule twice.
Average is the kind of impression this Sleep Inn left on me.
And the stay in Ruston would not be complete without a stop in the Lee’s Cajun Café. Try the Bourbon Street. And for dessert the Bread Pudding. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank KHL12
Reviewed September 8, 2007

This Sleep Inn and Suites all I can say is WOW the Staff and hotel is great -- We were in town for my grandsons graduation and it couldn't of been any better - the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were all pleased - the rooms - and hotel property I know the owners of this hotel are very proud

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dfear