“Great Stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time in Sept 2013, found the staff very professional and helpful. I was greeted with a friendly smile and hello by all employees throughout my stay. The room was clean and very comfortable.
Had to return to Ruston on business again in November 2013 two nights this time and again was greeted by a very friendly and professional staff. I felt very welcome and comfortable in a clean fresh smelling room. I did make a few special requests that were provided with no questions.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sonny M
Steve M, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We hope to see you soon and to be able to continue to give you the same great service that you have come to expect from our staff and property.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn more than a couple of times. With each visit we noticed the bathroom floors were very dirty and noticeable. It really doesn't look like the floors have ever been cleaned. The bath tub mat after being on the floor for a short while was very dirty when part of it flip over. There were other things about the room that wasn't clean but it is minor. The staff is nice and friendly, but I don't think I will staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Ruston, LA in Oct 2013.
The staff was friendly, the hotel clean and the prices reasonable.
Breakfast was ok, but free! and the dining area was very clean.
The internet was a little slow in the evenings but there were multiple hubs to login.
Great Stay at the Sleep Inn

Room Tip: We stayed in a Suite, lots of room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mickeymaniac1
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had our first experience with Sleep Inn & Suites with a one-nighter near SEATAC airport after an Alaska cruise a couple months ago, so when this trip back to my wife's home for a high school reunion came up we booked with them again for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful with directions, and the room was spacious and clean. The breakfast is good with non-fat yogurt, a waffle making machine, biscuits, sausage, egg and cream gravy. There's also instant oatmeal and fresh fruit. They have a free business center we used to print our boarding passes for our flights. One reviewer is right that the entrance from the service road is a little awkward as you have to go down and turn into a farm machine business, through their lot to a side entrance to the hotel property. There's a Sleep Inn sign that tells you where to turn in. I suppose this is due to traffic flow and zoning requirements, but it was no big deal.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the service road but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KLB_Tulsa
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Coming from the west, getting into the hotel parking lot is difficult because of a one-way. The hotel is right off the highway on the service road, but with no access from the service road! The hotel was right in front of us, and after a long drive we did not want to deal with trying to figure out how to get there legally, so we braved going the wrong way on a one way for a 100 feet.

Once my family arrived, the person at the front desk said, "didn't you already check-in?" and showed me a paper with a signature that he thought was mine. When I assured him that that was not my signature, he seemed very confused and had me and my two tired children wait for 15 minutes while he found a room. The room he gave us was a standard instead of the suite we had reserved, but the fee was $10 less than quoted. He did not ask us if a change in room type was acceptable.

When we arrived at the room, it was clean enough, but we slept poorly because of ludicrously small pillows (almost like the ones on planes) and a small comforter that came off of our feet all night.

The air conditioner cooled the room well, but was very noisy at times. I don't mind the white noise of an air conditioner, but this was more of a loud groaning that came off and on.

The breakfast was the standard fare, which just isn't ever that great these kinds of motels. I will say that the scrambled eggs were cooked better than most.

This place is not horrible, and the price seems to be in the same range as others near it, but we were just not that comfortable and would try a different place next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank grelli2
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I enjoyed visiting this property. The guest service was efficient, kind, and competent. They had a free night time snack. The location was good for getting to the University and many other places in town. The breakfast was decent. I would come again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vestlouisiana
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked this at the last minute and got a Louisiana Tech student rate. Everyone was so friendly from the front desk, housekeepers, maintenance, and breakfast person. Very clean, modern, and quiet too. Breakfast was delicious also. Will definitely stay here every time I am in Ruston.

• Stayed: June 2013