“Great Sleep Inn!!!”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Sleep Inn!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a great Sleep Inn! Most Sleep Inns tend to be older and the rooms smaller. Not the case here.

Our group consisted of my wife and I and our two kids. We stayed in a two queen room in July, 2012. The hotel is very nice on the outside with plenty of parking. The lobby was nice and the check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel interior was very clean.

The room was nice and cool. The bathroom was large and had the sink inside. The beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows. The TV was a large flat screen and the room also had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. They had free wi-fi and there was also an ethernet port near the desk. The room and bathroom were very clean.

The pool was indoors and heated. It also had an attached Jacuzzi spa. It was your average size hotel pool and it had plenty of seating on the deck area.

The continental breakfast was great. They had waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, several kinds of cereal, pastries, biscuits, bagels, toast, milk, coffee and juice. The eating area was very large with a large flat screen TV playing the morning news. The staff were constantly restocking food all the way up to when it closed. They never ran out of food. This breakfast was easily as good as any high end chain hotel, if not better.

I would HIGHLY recommend this Sleep Inn. The next time we are passing through, we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank greg2171

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Was doubtful that I would even find a decent place to stay in this town.But this sleep inn was a real nice surprise,for my one night, of being held over here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank harleybrewski
lexington, ky
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed there for a family reunion last weekend. The hotel was clean and nice but the a/c didn't really work as it should. It was either too hot or too cold. We also had two rooms together on the 2nd floor that faced another roof??? We had smelled natural gas in the lobby the first day and mentioned it to the desk attendant at the time and were told they 'had the door to the hot water closet open' and it 'happened all the time'??? Whoa - ok?!?

On the last morning I had a cold shower (but both my girls the night before had hot showers). When we were leaving I asked people who were in our party if they had hot water since they were in the rooms on either side of ours. All had hot showers. So, I went to the desk (thinking about the natural gas smell and earlier conversation) and asked the manager if there might be any reason we had no hot water and she told me rudely that I obviously wasn't working the water control correctly?!? Really!?! Well, I had a hot shower the day before and I 'worked it just fine' that day so I'm pretty sure THAT wasn't it. In fact I tried every possible position of that handle. She told me if I had called someone they would have 'come and shown me how to use the control.' I thought, how funny that seemed, so I told her I was 'naked in the shower' so that would have been a bit difficult to do.
She didn't think that was funny . . . . and I REALLY didn't think she should be in management.

So if you go to the Sleep Inn in Ruston, you'll get a good clean room, but just might not get great view or a consistent temperature in your room OR a hot shower . . . . well, not unless you know how to 'hold your mouth just right' as I obviously did not.

Room Tip: Higher rooms probably don't have a view of a roof over the room where breakfast is served.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Two-night stay was great! The breakfast buffet is excellent; the indoor pool is huge and fun. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and quiet. The location of the hotel is ideal; the local library, restaurants and shopping facilities are very close by. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marrero
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great staff, beautiful property, quiet, and clean room also with in door pool.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed at the local Sleep Inn just one night, Thurs. April 26. A little pricey compared to other Sleep Inn's we have stayted but not excessive. Very pleasant staff, this particular Sleep Inn did not look like the many typical Sleep Inn's we had stayed elsewhere -- at least on the inside. The bathroom in particular was much more elaborately decorated with matching tiles all around, including the shower. Rooms appeared to be somewhat larger than most Sleep Inns too and came with a niced 32" flat screen TV. Beds were comfortable, but I didn't particularly like the small pillows that they put on the bed -- they are only about half the size of a standard pillow. Continental breakfast had some additional hot items, like scrambled eggs and bacon as well as waffles. Really appreciate the fact they have free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day.

The only negative thing is that this hotel can be a little difficult to get to. We were coming from the west on I-20 and after you exit you have to pass the hotel on the access road, go thru the light to the bottom of the hill and turn right into what looks like the parking lot of the hardware store -- this actually takes you to the hotel but its not clear this is what you are supposed to do and in the dark can be rather confusing, especiallly when you are not familar with the area.

Plenty of restaurants in the area but you will need a car to get to them. We went to Ryans Steak House (don't bother) but there was a Chili's, Applebees and other independents in the area, including Mexican and Chinese fare.

All in all had a very pleasant stay at this particular Sleep Inn and would recommend for any one wishing a good hotel room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We decided to stay here at the last minute and were pleased that they had a room available and the price we were looking for. The room was very clean and well decorated. Nice breakfast in the morning with eggs, bacon, & biscuits. Also, have the typical breakfast items you expect. Will stay here again, if we are in the area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business