“Courtesy should not come at a price!!!”
Review of Super 8 Ruston

Super 8 Ruston
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
new orleans, la
“Courtesy should not come at a price!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I recently stayed at the Super 8 in Ruston. I wasn't expecting much in the quality of room or the service. At $65.00 a night on a Friday and Saturday you just hope there are beds. In fact the room wasn't too bad for the price. Service was lacking but you can't expect much from a budget hotel in a small town. After all there is little competition. However, common courtesy should not cost extra. My best friend and I didn't not check in until 3 am Saturday morning and our check out time was not until Sunday at noon. Saturday morning between 8 and 9am we started receiving phone calls every hour on the hour asking if we needed our rooms cleaned. Even after I told them no thank you they still continued to call every hour to make sure and finally around 11:30 they knocked on our door. This was very annoying considering we had only checked in 5 hours ago. And if you are a light sleeper like me you can understand there was even more frustration

There was also no "Do Not Disturb/Turn Down Service Requested Sign" which may have mitigated the problem. I wasn't expecting exceptional service or a an outstanding room for the price we paid. But it seems that not disturbing your customers is a common courtesy that should not have an added price. The same thing happened Sunday but I had unplugged the phone. After plugging it back in the phone calls continued.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Shila G, General Manager at Super 8 Ruston, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfied stay. We hope that you will visit us again at the Super 8 in Ruston in the future. We have reviewed the details of your stay in hopes to improve upon some of the needed areas you brought to our attention. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Orleans
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at this property overnight for a football game at LaTech. The hotel is about standard for the budget level of the industry. We found the staff to be a cut above the normal at this price range though. They were friendly and helpful. One of our party is handicapped and they were very accommodating in arranging for a pair of ground floor rooms even though they were heavily booked for the game. The room was fairly large and clean although dated and somewhat worn. We found the appliances unplugged but functional when plugged in and turned on. The beds were small (double) but comfortable and the room was quiet. The ice maker was broken but the staff provided ice from their living quarters for us to use. The continental breakfast was acceptable. the hotel is quite convenient to the interstate and to the campus of LaTech. I would not hesitate to stay here while traveling cross country or when visiting campus again. The Waldorf it wasn't but it was a cut above my normal experience in this price range.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank johns1959
Thanks for your review and staying with us. We would also like to thank you for bringing the details of your stay to our attention so we could take care of you while here at the hotel! Please come back and see us again soon. Thanks again.
Mississippi
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Checked in late, got a decent rate of 60 bucks cash. After getting to the room, found hair in my bed, slept on towels laid on top of bed. Also, there we shady people hanging out in the area, which was not very comforting. I was on motorcycle trip with friend, would not have stayed here with my family. After touring 4000 mi across the country, this was the worst place we stayed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We hope that your next trip to Ruston, LA meets with your satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Ruston hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed here for Tech homecoming because hubby wanted to be close to Tech. The location is great. We walked to the game and walked to Johnny's Pizza after the game. But, the hotel is only average. Do not expect top of the line. The hotel is maybe 20 years old. The rooms seemed clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms didn't seem like 20 yrs old--have been remodeled-- but a good 5-10 yrs. Still, no complaints if you don't think you will be at a Hilton.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
We appreciate your time for writing the review. We have recently remodelled all our rooms and would invite you back to stay with us again. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay with us. Thank you.
Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This room was absolutely horrible! There was a black ring aroung the toliet, insects embedded in the towels, hair all over the bathroom, and the sink was stopped up! We washed our hands in the sink and the water was still there the next morning! We refused to shower or even touch the walls.

At this point there was not much of a choice, so we slept on top of the covers. The office host actually came and saw the room; I documented everything in pictures to prove my point. I do not suggest you stay here if alone and definitely not if you have children. Approach with extreme caution as I would not reccommend this location to my enemy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2009

What a dump. Stayed here b/c other review. Wish we hadn't. Only two good things about this place: the girl at the front desk is very friendly, and Starbucks is located at the same I-20 exit (#84).

Stayed in room 102. It was so dirty that I made sure to wipe down all handles, knobs, seats, etc, with disinfectant. The desk chair had some debris ground into the fabric which could have been some sort of food - either prior to being eaten or after being eaten, if you get my drift. Toilet bowl was dirty, sheets were stained, floors disgusting, the refrigerator and microwave, which were not plugged in, were rusty and had crud on them, and the room smelled musty.

The room was in a state of disrepair. The towel rack fell off the wall when we removed a towel after a shower. The ironing board was leaning against the wall below the holes where it had obviously once been hanging. The iron was on top of the rusty clothes rack, instead of the designated spot with the board. Furniture chipped. Beds soft.

Breakfast most meager we've had, although hubby said that the biscuits and gravy were good. Corn flakes and Fruit Loops, English Muffins with jelly, two juices and coffee. A sweet roll.

Why did we stay there you ask? We had driven 400 miles, the last of which were through a terrible storm. We were exhausted and would have had to get back on the freeway and backtrack.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank truckstop
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Call me a hotel snob but I'm not a big fan of budget motel/hotels but since this was the only place available for my trip, I stayed here. My stay was May 22nd to the 25th. I was in town for a college reunion in Grambling (3 miles away). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, modern looking and everything worked including the a/c. The motel is conveniently located off the second Ruston exit of HWY 20 coming from Monroe. Two doors down is the Waffle House which is open 24 hours. The motel is on a business strip and near Louisiana Tech University so there are plenty of cheap places to eat, pizza, sandwiches, etc. The Chevron gas station was right across the street with a mini mart. I was actually surprised how quiet it was since this was a holiday weekend. Housekeeping was quick and the ladies were really nice and asked if I needed anything else which I did not. There was a complimentary continental breakfast but I slept in late so I missed it. No worries. The room had nice thick curtains, a short sofa with a table, a chair and table, cable TV, a nice long drawer for clothes, ironing board and iron, several outlets, a mini fridge, blow dryer, plenty of towels, alarm clock, shower /tub, 2 bed tables, nice carpet, and a coffee pot with coffee and tea.

I have to admit, since my first and only stay in a different budget chain hotel back in 1995 which was AWFUL, I have been humbled and would really like to say Super 8 was a really nice place to stay if you're on a tight budget or not. I had pre-paid for the room via Expedia.com and did not incur any additional charges. Also, check-in was quick and hassle free.

I also wanted to add that the front desk staff were really helpful giving me directions and suggestions especially the guy who drew a map for me (that was cool!). Great Southern Hospitality!

So, I give Super 8 Ruston, Louisiana 5 thumbs up and a happy simile! :)

Almost forgot, there is a pool but it was out of service. I didn't have time to swim anyway so I really wasn't concerned. There was also plenty of parking.

• Liked — Very Clean, quiet, nice staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ninjapoodle
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay with us. We were happy to read that our Super 8 provided you with a good nights sleep. Also, pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and attentive to your needs. Please give us a call the next time you are in the North Louisiana area.