“This hotel is okay. Not plush but not a dump.”
Review of Super 8 Ruston

Super 8 Ruston
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ruston
Louisiana
“This hotel is okay. Not plush but not a dump.”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We stayed here for Tech homecoming because hubby wanted to be close to Tech. The location is great. We walked to the game and walked to Johnny's Pizza after the game. But, the hotel is only average. Do not expect top of the line. The hotel is maybe 20 years old. The rooms seemed clean and the staff was friendly. The rooms didn't seem like 20 yrs old--have been remodeled-- but a good 5-10 yrs. Still, no complaints if you don't think you will be at a Hilton.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Shila G, General Manager at Super 8 Ruston, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate your time for writing the review. We have recently remodelled all our rooms and would invite you back to stay with us again. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay with us. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2009

This room was absolutely horrible! There was a black ring aroung the toliet, insects embedded in the towels, hair all over the bathroom, and the sink was stopped up! We washed our hands in the sink and the water was still there the next morning! We refused to shower or even touch the walls.

At this point there was not much of a choice, so we slept on top of the covers. The office host actually came and saw the room; I documented everything in pictures to prove my point. I do not suggest you stay here if alone and definitely not if you have children. Approach with extreme caution as I would not reccommend this location to my enemy.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We hope that your next trip to Ruston, LA meets with your satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Ruston hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2009

What a dump. Stayed here b/c other review. Wish we hadn't. Only two good things about this place: the girl at the front desk is very friendly, and Starbucks is located at the same I-20 exit (#84).

Stayed in room 102. It was so dirty that I made sure to wipe down all handles, knobs, seats, etc, with disinfectant. The desk chair had some debris ground into the fabric which could have been some sort of food - either prior to being eaten or after being eaten, if you get my drift. Toilet bowl was dirty, sheets were stained, floors disgusting, the refrigerator and microwave, which were not plugged in, were rusty and had crud on them, and the room smelled musty.

The room was in a state of disrepair. The towel rack fell off the wall when we removed a towel after a shower. The ironing board was leaning against the wall below the holes where it had obviously once been hanging. The iron was on top of the rusty clothes rack, instead of the designated spot with the board. Furniture chipped. Beds soft.

Breakfast most meager we've had, although hubby said that the biscuits and gravy were good. Corn flakes and Fruit Loops, English Muffins with jelly, two juices and coffee. A sweet roll.

Why did we stay there you ask? We had driven 400 miles, the last of which were through a terrible storm. We were exhausted and would have had to get back on the freeway and backtrack.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank truckstop
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Call me a hotel snob but I'm not a big fan of budget motel/hotels but since this was the only place available for my trip, I stayed here. My stay was May 22nd to the 25th. I was in town for a college reunion in Grambling (3 miles away). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, modern looking and everything worked including the a/c. The motel is conveniently located off the second Ruston exit of HWY 20 coming from Monroe. Two doors down is the Waffle House which is open 24 hours. The motel is on a business strip and near Louisiana Tech University so there are plenty of cheap places to eat, pizza, sandwiches, etc. The Chevron gas station was right across the street with a mini mart. I was actually surprised how quiet it was since this was a holiday weekend. Housekeeping was quick and the ladies were really nice and asked if I needed anything else which I did not. There was a complimentary continental breakfast but I slept in late so I missed it. No worries. The room had nice thick curtains, a short sofa with a table, a chair and table, cable TV, a nice long drawer for clothes, ironing board and iron, several outlets, a mini fridge, blow dryer, plenty of towels, alarm clock, shower /tub, 2 bed tables, nice carpet, and a coffee pot with coffee and tea.

I have to admit, since my first and only stay in a different budget chain hotel back in 1995 which was AWFUL, I have been humbled and would really like to say Super 8 was a really nice place to stay if you're on a tight budget or not. I had pre-paid for the room via Expedia.com and did not incur any additional charges. Also, check-in was quick and hassle free.

I also wanted to add that the front desk staff were really helpful giving me directions and suggestions especially the guy who drew a map for me (that was cool!). Great Southern Hospitality!

So, I give Super 8 Ruston, Louisiana 5 thumbs up and a happy simile! :)

Almost forgot, there is a pool but it was out of service. I didn't have time to swim anyway so I really wasn't concerned. There was also plenty of parking.

• Liked — Very Clean, quiet, nice staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ninjapoodle
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay with us. We were happy to read that our Super 8 provided you with a good nights sleep. Also, pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and attentive to your needs. Please give us a call the next time you are in the North Louisiana area.