“worst stay ever”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
A TripAdvisor Member
“worst stay ever”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

the place was horrible. the parking was very dangerous. room was nasty. beds uncomfortable. had to go through 3 irons to find one to work. this hotel should be taken off your list

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Shila G, General Manager at Super 8 Ruston, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your less than exceptional stay with us. We have recently renovated all our rooms. We would like to invite you back to stay with us again to show you that your experience was not our norm. Please ask for me specifically next time so we can better accomodate you during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Now that I have your attention let me start with this: a year ago I stayed at this same hotel. The room was great- nicely painted, flat screen TV- cleaned carpet, clean bathroom nice fluffy white towels etc. Everything you want in your home away from home and you still get to keep your arm and your leg!

So when I came back to Ruston, I headed right for the Super 8. After working a full day til 9pm, I drove an hour and a half to Ruston. My plan was to stay til Thursday. The lady offered me a handicapped room with a king bed. I accepted. The room was okay. The fridge was taped closed and the microwave (which I can only assume was the first one ever made) did not work. So I asked to use the microwave in the front office to heat up some soup. The lady was very friendly and let me use it. She said they would replace my broken microwave the next day. When I said the fridge was also not working she said that would be replaced as well. When I went back to my room I discovered that the toilet was also NOT WORKING.

Keep reading.

So I called the front desk. A man answered. I told him rather than go through the trouble, I would just check out the next day. He said I could switch rooms the next day. I said okay- because I was hoping to get a nice room.

The next day,Tuesday, I went down to the office and a DIFFERENT lady showed me another room just like the one I was already in, reeking of cigarettes and another broken fridge and microwave. I did not take it. She found a room for me with double beds, working amenities, not the fancy room I had hoped for but at a glance nice clean room. At this time, one of the housekeepers and the front desk lady were both irritated by me and I found myself apologizing and thanking them for being so helpful. I moved my things from one room to the other and decided to have some coffee. I had a coffee maker, but no coffee pot. So I called her again and asked for a coffee pot. By this time she was really rude and brought me COFFEE but no COFFEE POT. So she left and came back some 30min later with a coffee pot and asked (unpleasantly) if I needed anything else. I thanked her and said no. I turned on the TV and half the screen was blown. I did not call about this as I felt they would kick me out and I wanted to drink my coffee and stew about how I was apologizing for ASKING FOR A CLEAN ROOM WITH A WORKING TOILET among other things.

The next morning, Wednesday, I woke up to a mosquito/ spider bite on my finger and one on my arm. Thought nothing of it. Went back to the hotel after work.

Thursday morning I woke up COVERED IN BED BUG BITES! COVERED! I went to the front desk and informed them of the issue and young man told me the manager wasn't there and he could only give 50% off one night! He said housekeeping checks the rooms daily for bed bugs. When I went back to my room, I could see those little buggers crawling all over my pillows! And I also noticed gum stuck to the headboard, I do not chew gum- I prefer mints but that's neither here nor there. When I went to check out, the lady who put me in that room implied there was no way there were bedbugs in there today and not yesterday. She refunded 30$ for a 200$ bill. I spent 15$ at Walgreens on Benedryl and hydrocortisone cream.

In short- if you get a renovated room and don't complain about ANYTHING even if it's legit you got a nice place to stay. OR your could end up in one of the other rooms they dont take are of and be covered in bedbugs like me. Good luck. My advise save yourself the aggravation and stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed November 2011
We would like to thank you for taking time to write this review and letting us know about the things we need to improve. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We have recently renovated all our rooms and are taking extreme care about the household pests. We would like to invite you back to stay with us again to show you that your experience was not our norm. Please ask for me specifically next time so we can better accomodate you during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Ruston hotels

Katy, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2011

If I could give a negative rating, I would. The customer service sucks, and don't have a question or complaint or they will cancel your reservation. They messed up my reservation, and I asked about it only to be told it was my fault that it was messed up (even with my proof), and then I was talked to as if I was beneath them. The manager then cancelled my reservation because I would not back down from my point. If you value your money, don't stay there because they do not care about customer service at all. And, the corporate office can't do anything to help. Now, I have somewhere to be this weekend with no room for me or my family. As a Wyndham Rewards member and as a customer to other Super 8s throughout the nation, I can honestly say that I am extremely disappointed and will NEVER give my money to another Super 8 again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We hope that your next trip to Ruston, LA meets with your satisfaction.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This hotel was very affordable with very clean accomidations. Hotel easy to find with great staff. Rooms are spacious and even have flat screens in some of the suites. Very impressed and will stay again!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and acknowledging the helpfulness our staff members. It is our hope that everyone will leave our hotel a friend. Thanks again!
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This was one of the best hotel experiences i had. I have stayed in other hotels in Ruston too, but Super 8 was the best. The price was good for the quality of service they provide. The customer service was very nice. They were welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. The internet service was very fast. Also, the location of the hotel is perfect. It is close to the university, and there are several places to eat around the hotel in walking distance. The gas station is right across the street. Super 8 also offers free breakfast which was very good.
I enjoyed the stay in Super 8 and i will stay there whenever i return to Ruston.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Super8Ruston, General Manager at Super 8 Ruston, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I have shared your comments with our staff and they say "Thank you so much". We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My wife and I took our 17 year-old son to visit Louisiana Tech University in Ruston. Rooms in the area were booked in most of the hotels due to recent severe storms so we "settled" for the Super 8. I'm glad we did. Not having ever stayed in Ruston I can't speak to the relative quality of the Super 8 verses other local hotel offerings. What I can tell you is that it was clean, comfortable, quiet, and up to date. For half the price of some of its competitors I find it difficult to believe that there is a better hotel value in town. I recommend The Super 8 Ruston highly!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to serving you again when you visit your son at LA Tech.
Dallas
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel is not accommodating at all. Very poor service! They did not have our reserved room available for my handicapped mother. They gave our room to someone else. UGH!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences during your stay. We would like to assure you that your experience is not the norm for us. We hope that your next trip to Ruston, LA meets with your satisfaction.