“great bbq and service”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great bbq and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I had the 1/2 chicken platter...wow! Fantastic bbq and friendly service. Will be back when back in town, this is being saved as a favorite!

PitcherJLT, Owner at Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Dc2011dc,
Thank-you so much for visiting us at Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ in Ruston, LA & for your kind words on your TripAdvisor review. We strive for each of our guests to have a positive experience & to enjoy their food. We also stress to our staff the need to be friendly, personable, & outgoing. We hope that you visit us again soon! If you ever feel the need to contact me or my manager, Mr. Jack Williams, please do not hesitate to call or email. Thanks again!

Ruston,LA
“LOVE LOVE LOVE Dowling's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I eat here at least twice a week. I absolutely love the pulled rib sandwich on jalapeno cheese sourdough bun. Everyone is ALWAYS so nice. The owner is very humble & sweet & the manager Jack is always happy when you call or go in. These people seem like family. Also the ribs, pulled pork, brisket & baked beans are to die for.

I appreciate the fact that they open early (10a.m)
I skip breakfast just to eat here. Don't forget to try the fried pies DELICIOUS.

Dear Latoria,
You are very kind to have such nice words about Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ, our staff, & the food! I truly appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to review my restaurant as I know we are all pressed for time in our hurried lifestyles. You are a wonderful customer of Dowling's & we value your business more than you know. Thanks again for your loyalty & if you ever feel like I need to know about anything, please do not hesitate to call me at the restaurant or email me. We look forward to seeing you twice a week or more for a long, long time!
Asheville, NC
“Worth the stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling to JacksonMs acrossLA and not wanting chain food we found Dowlings. wonderful people behind the counter and smoked chicken moist and tender. ribs were also worth the stop. clean rest rooms.

• Visited October 2012
Dear smountaintraveler,
Thank you very much for your review of Dowling's Smokehouse BBQ. We are pleased that you had a positive dining experience & hope that you will stop in to visit us again one day soon. Please be careful on your travels -- we will keep the chicken & ribs warm & waiting on you! Take care & God Bless!
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
“Great Beans...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

My travels took me though northern LA and I pulled up Dowling's here in TripAdvisor. It is no more than a couple hundred yards off I-20 so very easy in and out. I take BBQ seriously. I have eaten at most of the rated (and unrated for that matter) restuarants in the midwest and south. I was happy to have the opportunity to eat here. This is a bare bones, basic place were you go to eat. Not much seating, and I got the last table during lunch. Since this is a quick eat, they do turn over quickly so don't worry about a place to sit.

As for the food, I had the pulled pork sandwich. I would rate it as good, not great, which is still worthy in my opinion. What was the find of the stop to me were the beans. They were thick, not over cooked, and had a very nice flavor. For 8.95, drink included, well worthy of a stop if in the area. I would have loved to try the ribs, but watching what I eat so had to pass on the rack. They did look very good.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank JBretteD
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Good food with attention to customer service. Locals who actually live and work in the restaurant and care about the quality and service.