The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
$126
$108
$94
Fairfield Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Ruston(Ruston)(Great Value!)
$75
SleepInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

$58
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $65/night.

Courtyard Ruston(Ruston)
$84
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Last minute arrangements were easily made. Even an additional seat at breakfast for my mother was a "no problem" addition. Thanks CJ. Very well appointed home, personal attention. Appreciate the covered garage space. Easy choice alternative to the impersonal hotels with cold continental breakfasts.

Room Tip: 2 Suite rooms are ensuite bathrooms. 2 others share an upstairs bath. chose wisely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

When we arrived at 3:30 CJ had the most wonderful tea waiting for us. After tea we had the entire house to ourselves since we were the only guests that night. The house is beautifully decorated with so much detail. CJ obviously takes great pride in her house. The next morning we came downstairs to a wonderful breakfast with so much food. CJ was just the sweetest person. She made us feel very comfortable, we felt very much at home. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is in the Ruston area. It is definitely worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The owner was rude to me when I inquired about the costs for having a function at her Bed and Breakfast. With a couple of family members chipping in on the costs, I had some questions that I needed clarified. I sent her an email with the questions. I was in shock to receive several unkind emails back from her, especially when we were considering renting the first floor and/or all of her rooms for a family event. When I wrote back to her to try to clear up the misunderstanding about our inquiry of so many fees she was unreasonable. I was just so thankful that we learned about the hostile attitude before we had our family stay there. As a result, we cancelled and we will never stay there. It could have been a disaster.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Marie19_196060
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

I've purposely taken my time to respond to this individuals unkind untrue words. The truth is this lady wanted to hold an event at The Lewis House that I spent months helping her prepare for, doing leg work, giving her my contacts to book a well-known band out of Dallas Texas that agreed to come for next to nothing as a favor to me. I even spent many hours searching online for just the perfect items and favors she wanted for her themed party. I had several other people wanting to book the house at this time but I to was so excited for this upcoming event so even though she had not yet paid her deposits and actually booked any guest rooms online I declined other calls for those dates. Then suddenly, she called me one day and told me her brother found another place in either Jackson or Vicksburg Mississippi and I was not hostile at all, I was silent, I was in shock. Not only did I already invest so much of my time and money on her upcoming event, the band she had booked had rearranged their schedule as well. I actually told her, " that sounds great" because I always try to have a positive attitude. Honestly, though while I was driving home though I was still in shock, saying OMG, I will never do this again without the deposit first. Then a couple weeks go by and this lady calls me back and wants everything to be back on as before and me handling everything. Well by this time, the house was already booked and paid for, which I nicely told her, and she screamed and yelled at me and I even tried to offer an alternate date, she was from New York and very demanding and was cussing so much I couldn't help but hang up. Honestly, as I look back, it probably was all for the best, because in the end of the day we can and do decide what events are held at The Lewis House and by whom. I now stick firmly to our businesses policies and procedures of requiring deposits and getting everything confirmed in writing via email from that day forward. So I'm just thankful I learned a valuable lesson which will only benefit me for the rest of my life.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

My co-worker and I stayed at The Lewis House due to a lack of hotels in the area and was
wonderful surprised with our stay. The house was wonderful, CJ was the best hostess possible. It exceeded all our expections with food, rooms, and hospitality. I would recommend
to anyone on a business trip make your reservation at The Lewis House.

Room Tip: Majestic Room wonderful
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The home is a so cute. We stayed in the Professor's room which had a private bath and the bed was sooooo comfortable! We had a very restful sleep. Breakfast was great, you will not go away hungry. When I pass through Ruston, LA again I definately plan on staying there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family